Grandma’s family favorite ice cream topping is now dairy-free. This Easy Vegan Hot Fudge recipe comes together with just a handful of ingredients and a bowl of vanilla ice cream deserves this sauce!
A Warm Ice Cream Topping
Some recipes just take you back. This swoon worthy hot fudge is buttery with just the right amount of sweetness.
Although it is best served warm, it can also be enjoyed chilled. Simply spoon it over vanilla ice cream or another flavor of your choice, for the ultimate dessert experience.
A Family Favorite Dessert
In our family, ice cream is a year-round dessert. But to add an extra layer of indulgence and warmth in the cooler months, my grandmother’s rich and chocolatey hot fudge sauce was always a must- and now it can be made vegan!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – Rich and chocolatey without the dairy. We love the brand EnjoyLife.
- Vegan Butter – Provides necessary saltiness and richness.
- Evaporated Coconut Milk – Thick and sweet- this vegan evaporated milk is a perfect replacement.
- Vegan Powdered Sugar – This airy sugar adds extra sweetness. Additionally, try this easy recipe for Homemade Vegan Confectioners’ Sugar if you can’t find a vegan friendly sugar in the store.
FAQ & Easy Vegan Hot Fudge Tips:
Can you freeze this hot fudge sauce?
- Absolutely! We recommend keeping this hot fudge in the freezer until ready to use. You can even put it in smaller containers so you’re always ready for when you happen to have a bowl of lonely ice cream.
What if I can’t find vegan powdered sugar?
- Make your own! Check out this simple way to make your own powdered sugar in seconds- https://www.meatlessmakeovers.com/homemade-vegan-confectioners-sugar/
Serve it warm rather than hot for a thicker consistency
- This sauce is rather thin so if you prefer a thicker hot fudge, we recommend serving it warm rather than piping hot.
Reheat in a Saucepan
- There is nothing better than a home that smells like hot fudge. Although you can reheat this sauce in the microwave, there is just something special about heating it over the stove. We guarantee your family will come running to the kitchen!
Rich and Vegan!
Decadent desserts are made for sharing. This quick and easy hot fudge recipe is a family tradition in our household and I know my Grandma would love for it to also become one of your favorites too. Enjoy!
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this vegan hot fudge recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Easy Vegan Hot Fudge
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Cups 1x
- Category: Condiment, Sauce
- Method: Melt, Stir
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A 4-ingredient dessert sauce that takes vanilla ice cream to the next level. This Easy Vegan Hot Fudge is rich, buttery, and oh-so-chocolatety!
- 1 Stick or 1/2 Cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Can Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- In a large saucepan, slowly melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, approx 1 minute. add the chocolate chips. Stir frequently until melted. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Next pour in the evaporated milk. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Now slowly add the powdered sugar, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly until the sauce has reduced slightly. Approx 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Cuisinart 2-Quart Sauce Pan with LidBuy Now →
Earth Balance Vegan Buttery SticksBuy Now →
Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate MorselsBuy Now →
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Hot Fudge, Hot Fudge Recipe,