This rich and indulgent holiday milkshake also happens to be dairy-free. Enjoy a Vegan Boozy Eggnog Shake during this magical season for a flavorful adult treat!
A Seasonal Adult Milkshake
Nothing screams Christmas quite like eggnog. But if you really want to take things up a notch, serve a boozy eggnog shake instead!
This rich and chilly beverage is deliciously sweet and now (thankfully!) a dairy-free version is available in most grocery stores. Although it is delightful right out of the carton, it becomes a truly festive treat when vegan vanilla ice cream is added along with a splash of bourbon.
A Dessert and a Cocktail
This shake hits all the bases– it’s sweet, creamy, and features a dash of nutmeg sprinkled on top. Oh, and it has booze!
This version is made with bourbon which adds a warmness to the cool shake. We prefer using bourbon rather than rum because of its vanilla and caramel accents which pair well with the vanilla ice cream. However, rum can also be used as well.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream – Thick and creamy vegan ice cream has become almost undistinguishable when compared to traditional dairy based ice cream.
- Vegan Eggnog – Yes, it does exist! Vegan eggnog has all the deep flavors as real eggnog but no raw eggs!!
- Vanilla Extract – Just a touch to enhance the yummy vanilla flavors.
- Bourbon – Deeply aeromatic and bursting with caramel and butterscotch flavors, bourbon is the perfect addition to make this fun for the holidays.
- Spices – Added nutmeg and cinnamon take this drink to the next level.
FAQ & Vegan Boozy Eggnog Shake Tips:
Can I substitute another alcohol for the whiskey
- Yes. Rum is the traditional alcohol used in eggnog and it would work in this shake as well. Another option is Brandy if you prefer.
Can this be made without alcohol
- Absolutely! However, if you leave out the whiskey you may need to add a little more eggnog if the shake is too thick.
Grate fresh nutmeg
- Adding a sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg adds a beautiful finish to this shake and also provides a nutty aroma while you sip.
Add a dollop of whipped cream
- Yep, you really take this homemade milkshake to the next level when you add some vegan whipped cream. Go ahead, it’s Christmas after all!
Celebrate the Season
Ring in the holiday season with this flavorful adult treat for the ultimate adult milkshake. Cheers!
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this boozy eggnog shake! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Vegan Boozy Eggnog Shake
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 0 min.
- Total Time: 5 min.
- Yield: 3 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cocktail
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A rich and creamy seasonal treat that’s dairy-free. This vegan boozy eggnog shake features bourbon for the ultimate adult cocktail/dessert. #eggnogshakerecipe #veganeggnogshake #boozyeggnogshake
- 1 Pint Vanilla Oatly Ice Cream
- 3/4 Cup Oat Nog
- 3/8 Cup Bourbon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Vegan Whipped Cream (Optional, Garnish)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg (Optional, Garnish)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the shake into a glass and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground nutmeg.
- Enjoy immediately!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Boozy Eggnog Shake, Eggnog Shake Recipe, Vegan Holiday Treat Recipe