An Italian variation on a Martinez Cocktail that features tangy limoncello for intense adult beverage with a sweet finish. Best yet, this is one easy and refreshing drink that you can enjoy all year round.
Gin + Limoncello + Cherry Liqueur = Amazing!
A classic Martinez cocktail is made with equal parts gin and sweet vermouth with the addition of maraschino liqueur and Angostura bitters, for a unique drink that is very similar to a Manhattan.
However, this version has the added bonus of Italian limoncello for a robust drink that is the perfect combination of bitter and sweet.
Ingredient Spotlight: Limoncello
Limoncello is a favorite that is made all over Italy both by large companies and within individual homes with family recipes that have been passed down for generations.
This lemon liqueur is made with lemon zest, sugar, and usually vodka. It can either be enjoyed on its own by sipping as an aperitivo or it can be combined with another alcohol to brighten any cocktail recipe. For this recipe, the limoncello adds incredible zestiness to a classic gin cocktail.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Gin – Herbaceous gin is the base for this drink but is almost non-detectable in the final result.
- Sweet Vermouth – Rich in vanilla and dark fruit notes, sweet vermouth is an amazing addition to a cocktail with gin.
- Cherry Liqueur – This liqueur adds deep cherry flavor along with necessary sweetness.
- Limoncello – Intense lemon flavor is added to this cocktail with Italian limoncello, giving this drink a smooth and sweet finish.
- Angostura Bitters – Two dashes of Angostura bitters provides just the right amount of spicy bitterness to keep you sipping.
FAQ & Limoncello Martinez Cocktail Tips:
Looking for vegan cherry liqueur?
- We like to use the Luxardo which is an Italian brand that also happens to be vegan friendly.
Can’t find limoncello
- Try making your own at home! Here is “How to Make Homemade Limoncello: A Complete Guide” from the website Wholefully. Their 4-ingredient recipe looks amazing but we would probably opt for using vodka rather than Everclear.
Impress your Guests
- Add a fun garnish to make your cocktail extra fancy. You can either use a lemon peel twist, a maraschino cherry, or both!
Serve Ice Cold
- We prefer this drink when it’s extra cold. Therefore, we recommend serving it immediately after it is prepared.
An Intense, Citrusy Cocktail
Limoncello might be described as intense when enjoyed alone. However, when it is added to a Martinez cocktail, a wonderfully refreshing adult beverage is born that always goes down nice and easy. Salute! 🥃 (That’s Italian for cheers!)
Tell Us What You Think
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this Limoncello Martinez Cocktail recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
A tangy and sweet cocktail featuring bold lemon flavor, this Limoncello Martinez Cocktail is made with gin, sweet vermouth, with cherry & lemon liqueur for a refreshing cocktail with Italian flair.
- 3 oz. Gin
- 3 oz. Vegan Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz. Cherry Liqueur
- 1 oz. Limoncello
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Lemon Peel (Garnish)
- Add all of the liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice. Cover and shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink evenly between two glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and serve immediately. Cheers!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Limoncello Martinez Cocktail, Limoncello Gin Cocktail, Limoncello Cocktail Recipe, Martinez Cocktail Recipe