This pizza is easy to make and it only requires 8 wholesome ingredients. If you currently follow a vegan diet, you probably have almost all of these ingredients on hand right now. Here is exactly what you will need:
A Crispy Gluten-Free Crust
First things first, make the crust. To save time, pre-made pizza dough can be used. However, we like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust. It bakes up crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor thanks to the combination of gluten free flours. Plus, it only needs 20 minutes to rise so it can easily be whipped up even on a weeknight.
Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a sheet pan and pre-bake the crust. This will help to make it nice and crispy just like traditional pizza crust!
Perfect Pizza Toppings
Next, it’s time for the smoky tahini jackfruit and caramelized onions! While the crust is pre-baking, caramelize the onions and mix the separated jackfruit with the smoky tahini sauce, But don’t use it all! The key to this super creamy and filling pizza is having extra sauce to drizzle on top. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!
Plant-based Pizza Night!
We truly hope you enjoy this pie! If you make it, please let us know what you think either in the comment section down below or take a photo and tag it #meatlessmakeovers on Instagram or twitter. We would love to hear from you! Enjoy pizza night!
- 4 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 2-3 Medium Onions
- 1 Can Young Jackfruit (Drained and Pulled Apart)
- Pizza Dough (gluten free if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your dough as per the directions on the package. We use Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Dough.
- As your dough rises (If necessary) prepare the jackfruit. After draining the jackfruit pull apart the wedges using a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sauce ingredients followed by the pulled jackfruit. Stir to combine.
- Caramelize the onion. In a large frying pan with a little oil, sauté the onion on medium/low heat. Stir the onion pieces frequently until they are deep brown in color. This may take up to 25 minutes.
- Add the caramelized onion to the pizza dough followed by the jackfruit mix and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Top with extra sauce and fresh herbs or greens, if desired. Enjoy!
If you are in need of other plant-based ideas, check out some of our other favorite vegan pizza recipes.
- Vegan Za’atar Pita Pizza
- Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza
- Dairy Free Dessert Pizza
- Grilled Falafel Pizza
- Shaved Asparagus Pizza
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support.