A delicious seasonal dairy free appetizer that everyone can enjoy! This Vegan Baked Ricotta with Roasted Squash is rich, satisfying, and sure to please everyone around the table.
What You Will Need:
This “ricotta” is dairy free and packed with hearty healthy cashews. Not only is it rich and satisfying but it’s also basically ALL protein. Yes, please!
Here is what you will need for the vegan ricotta:
- Raw Cashews (soaked or boiled)
- Nutritional Yeast
Once it’s blended, then you BAKE IT! Baking the ricotta gives it a firmer texture that makes it perfect for spreading on a sliced baguette. It also gives a drier consistency to the “cheese” which makes it satisfying as well as irresistible.
But THEN… you have the sweet and creamy roasted squash! We used a combination of mini butternut and delicata, but one large squash or pumpkin can also be used.
Finally, it’s topped with toasted pine nuts and crispy rosemary for than elegant finish. But don’t forget to roast the rosemary with the squash. It brings out the flavor and makes it perfectly crispy.
It’s Time for Vegan Baked Ricotta with Roasted Squash!
If you are looking for a beautiful Fall appetizer, try this simple cashew baked ricotta cheese. It will delight, satisfy, and surely have you coming back for more especially on a cool night! Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this “ricotta” recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy baking! 🍂
A simple appetizer made with cashew cheese and topped with savory squash. This vegan baked ricotta with roasted squash is easy and delicious!
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash (Chopped and cubed with seeds removed)
- 1 Small Delicata Squash (Sliced and seeds removed)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Rosemary (Stems removed)
- ¼ Cup Raw Pine Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the nuts into a sauce pan and cover with an inch of water. Put them over medium heat and allow to boil for 15 minutes or soak them overnight.
- Peel, deseed, and cube the butternut squash. Slice and deseed the delicata squash.
- Place all the squash and the fresh rosemary onto a baking sheet prepared with a thin layer of oil. Brush a thin layer of oil over the squash and rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, drain the cooked nuts and place them into a high speed blender with the rest of the cheese ingredients. Blend on high until thick with very few visible chunks.
- Pour the cheese into a small oven safe pan prepared with a thin layer of oil. We used a small cast iron pan but an 8×8 baking dish can also be used.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cube the cooked delicata and place it into a bowl with the cooked butternut squash. Remove the crispy rosemary from the stem and mix it into the squash. (Discard the stem)
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat toast the pine nuts until they are golden brown.
- Once the cheese has finished cooking, top it with the cooked squash mixture and the toasted pine nuts
- Serve immediately with a sliced baguette or crackers.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and reheated when ready to eat.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Baked Ricotta Recipe, Dairy Free Ricotta, Vegan Fall Recipe
Here are some other scrumptious squash recipes to try: