These Plantain and Poblano Quesadillas are pure plant-based comfort food. They are cheesy inside and crispy on the outside. But best yet, they are easy enough to be made on a weeknight… Woo-hoo!
A Plant-based Quesadilla
Plantains provide a creamy texture with minimal effort and they won’t break the bank. We opted to shred the plantains for a texture that also cooks faster than the traditional rounds. But either method works and is delicious.
Next, the mild poblano peppers provide a slight crunch to these quesadillas. However, if you have trouble tracking down poblanos, green bell peppers can also be used or even throw in a jalapeño for a little spice.
To save time, vegan cheddar cheese works great to provide an ooozy and creamy filling. But if you would rather make your own cheese, this recipe for The Best Homemade Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce can also be used. Either way, you will have one amazing vegan quesadilla!
Get Ready for an Easy Vegan Meal
We recommend serving your cooked Plantain and Poblano Vegan Quesadilla with fresh cilantro, avocado, and a little salsa or hot sauce. Did we say this was comfort food?! Go ahead, indulge… you deserve it!
Finally, if you have made this quesadilla recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy cooking! 😄
A quick and easy vegan quesadilla made with shredded plantains, poblano peppers, and lots of dairy-free cheese. Gooey, creamy, and delicious!
- 2 Green Plantains (peeled and shredded)
- 2 Poblano or Bell Peppers (diced large)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (small diced)
- 1 Red Onion (small diced)
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Vegan Cheddar
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (Chopped for Optional Garnish)
- 1 Avocado (Optional Garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Salsa (Optional Garnish)
- Prepare the fresh ingredients as directed above.
- In a frying pan coated with a small about of oil, sauté the onion and pepper over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion is fragrant.
- Add the shredded plantain and taco seasoning. Stir frequently, cooking for an addition 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla in a dry skillet over medium heat. Spoon a layer of the plantain mixture and a sprinkle with cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Check the bottom tortilla and flip the quesadilla when it has browned. Approx. 3 minutes.
- Brown the second side and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately with salsa on the side enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Vegan Quesadilla, Plantain and Poblano Recipe, Easy Weeknight Meal