If you love Mexican food, you will be wild about this dairy-free nacho cheese. It’s thick, creamy, and a breeze to make. It really is The Best Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce EVER!
One of the best parts of any cheese sauce is the texture, which allows one to dip. This cashew nacho cheese sauce is velvety and perfect for chip dipping.
It’s great for all sorts of snacking fun. Think pretzels, chopped veggies, baked plantain chips, French fries, or even taquitos. Yum, yum, yum!
But don’t let that fool you into thinking that it can only be used as a condiment. This nacho cheese also pours splendidly. Is it time for nachos yet?!
Ready in 5 Minutes
This dip is not only delicious and ideal for dipping though, it is also incredibly quick and easy to make. In fact, you only need 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to make it! Yep, you heard that right!
Here is precisely what you will need to make The BEST Cashew Cheese Sauce:
Although the miso paste may seem like an odd addition, it really is the secret ingredient that makes this vegan cheese sauce THE BEST! We highly recommend it. It brings complexity and natural saltiness to this dreamy cashew sauce.
Of course, if you choose to boil the cashews, it will take longer than 5 minutes but it’s still absolutely worth it!
Now, you are probably wondering what you can use this cashew nacho cheese sauce for. The answer?… Just about everything!
We love to use this sauce for easy protein rich weeknight nachos. Mmmmmm. But it has so many other possibilities. Here are some of our favorites…
- Enchiladas – Inside the tortillas OR layered on top with the enchilada sauce
- Tacos – No need for meat when you have protein rich beans AND cheese sauce! Or skip the beans and opt for a fun meat replacement like jackfruit.
- Quesadillas – It’s silky just like melted cheese
- Tostadas – Perfectly Crunchy and smothered in creamy cheese- Yep!
- Burritos or Burrito Bowls – No matter the vehicle, this “cheese” delivers
- Baked Potatoes – An easy meal that is delightful when topped with nacho cheese and steamed broccoli or your own favorite veggie
- Nachos – I know I already mentioned them, but they are just THAT GOOD!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can the cashews be soaked instead of boiled?
- Yes, absolutely. Simply cover your cashews with water and allow them to soak for at least 8 hours. This will also bring the prep time down and you will have tasty cheese sauce in 5 quick minutes!
Can you substitute another nut in place of the cashews?
- Sure! It will change the taste and texture slightly but other nuts do work. We like to use brazil nuts when we have them, or almonds work too. But feel free to experiment and please let us know if you do.
Is there a substitute for the taco seasoning?
- Yep. It will change the taste but you can also use canned chipotles in adobo sauce for a spicy and robust cheese or you can use chili powder. If you prefer a mild cheese, you can also use smoked paprika for a smoky sauce without the spice.
It’s Time for a Nacho Night!
Don’t delay… If you love nacho cheesy deliciousness, you NEED this vegan cheese in your life. Get ready for THE BEST CASHEW NACHO CHEESE SAUCE. Period. Enjoy nacho night!
A creamy and flavorful vegan cheese sauce that is ready in 5 minutes and only requires 6 ingredients- perfect for a weeknight!
1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked or boiled)
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
3 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
3 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Miso Paste (Optional)
- Soak the raw cashews in water overnight or boil the cashews for 15 minutes.
- Drain the nuts and place them in a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the sauce is a very smooth consistency similar to a traditional nacho cheese sauce.
- Serve as a dip or as a melted cheese in your favorite Mexican recipes.
Keywords: The Best Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce
Here are some Mexican recipes that you may want to explore…
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!