A bright and refreshing spring cocktail that will surprise and delight. This Cardamom Grapefruit Frozen Margarita is a fun twist on an old classic. Fragrant cardamom and zesty grapefruit combine with tequila for the ultimate fun frozen adult beverage!
CARDAMOM IN A DRINK?
YES!!! It may sound strange but fragrant cardamom is spectacular in a cocktail. It brings complexity and sophistication to this delicious adult drink.
Additionally, it goes splendidly with the citrus. I think grapefruit and cardamom are friends. In fact, they are BEST friends. These two flavors blend cohesively into one unique and refreshing beverage.
If you have ground cardamom, you are set to make this recipe. However, cardamom pods can also be used just check out our Mixologist tips below. If you have time to infuse, DO IT!
A FROZEN BLENDED BEAUTY
Margaritas are almost like candy for adults. They go down smooth and easy and you barely taste the strong tequila. Blend them and you have a refreshing frozen beverage that delights in all seasons, but particularly when the weather begins to be warm.
We made it, Spring is here and there is no better time for a frozen delicacy that NOW! Not even mentioning that Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner!
This Cardamom Grapefruit Frozen Margarita is not only cooling and refreshing, it’s also elegant and gorgeous. This drink is a beautiful blushing pale pink color that compliments any lovely spring day or night.
Slowly add your ice to the blender.
- We have made this mistake. If you add too much ice to start, it will be difficult to blend and you may end up with an icy and less creamy drink that is more of a “slushy.” Frozen margaritas should be thick but perfectly sippable. By adding your ice slowly and using the pulse function of your blender, you will end up with a refreshing drink that stay “frozen” for 10 to 15 minutes with the ideal margarita consistency. Delish!
Infuse the cardamom for a stronger flavor!
- If you have the time, we highly suggest infusing your tequila for 12 hours or more with cardamom pods. Simply crack open 10-12 pods and drop them into 4 ounces of tequila and wait. When the tequila has a deep cardamom scent, you are ready to make your drink. Remove the crushed cardamom pods from the tequila using a smaller strainer and mix the drink as directed but no need to add the ground cardamom. Your drink will have an amazingly robust flavor from the infusion alone. It’s definitely worth the effort and time!
Experiment with other citrus fruits.
- Mild grapefruit is a great contrast to the vibrant cardamom but other citrus fruits would also taste great. Try orange! Or go for traditional lime with a cardamom twist!
CINCO DE MAYO HERE WE COME!
May is quickly approaching and that means it’s just about time for Cinco de Mayo! This Cardamom Grapefruit Frozen Margarita will go down smoothly with any Mexican entrée served or make it for a fun Friday night at home. You can’t go wrong with this frozen beauty. Happy blending!
A gorgeous and unique spring cocktail that is sure to please! Fragrant cardamom mixed with tangy citrus for one delicious blended adult beverage!
- 2 Grapefruit (juiced)
- 3 Limes (juiced)
- 4 oz. Tequila (silver recommended)
- 2 oz. Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Coarse Salt (for rimming the glasses, optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Rub a lime wedge along the rim of the glass and dip the rim into the salt, if desired.
- Slowly add the ice and blend until a thick and smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour the blended frozen margarita into your glasses and enjoy!
Keywords: Margarita, Frozen, Grapefruit, Cardamom, Cocktail