Creamy, spicy, and dairy-free, this cheesy plant-based dip is game day ready. This healthy Vegan Jackfruit Queso is sure to be a crowd favorite.
Game Day Ready!
Do you still need plant-based treats for the big game?! That’s right… the SUPER BOWL will soon be here! Now we aren’t rooting for either team this year but we are rooting for delicious food and this Vegan Jackfruit Queso is the perfect game day treat.
Honest to goodness, this plant-based queso is the ULTIMATE comfort food. It is just so decadent and creamy…. and it’s made entirely from plants!
What You Will Need:
- Green Jackfruit in Brine (canned)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh veggies for Garnish (Optional) – We used jalapeño, red bell pepper, and tomato for a pop of color.
Simply amazing, right?! Just plants!!!
Indulgent, Yet Healthy
This Vegan Jackfruit Queso is SO GOOD! We honestly feel like we are indulging when we eat this “cheese” but it’s incredibly healthy. Therefore, this is a terrific treat for the big game- delicious yet good for you!
We will definitely be making this Vegan Jackfruit Queso this coming Sunday because even if we aren’t loving the teams playing we WILL be loving the food! However, we will be dreaming about next year… SKOL!
We Would Love Your Feedback
Finally, if you have made this jackfruit queso recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy dipping! 😋
Creamy, spicy, and dairy-free, this cheesy plant-based dip is game day ready. This healthy Vegan Jackfruit Queso is sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked or Boiled- see below)
- 1 15 oz. Can Young Jackfruit (Drained and Shredded)
- 1 Medium Potato (Peeled and Chopped into 1 inch Pieces)
- 2 Medium Carrots (Peeled and Chopped into 1 inch Pieces)
- 1 Large Red Onion (Peeled and Sliced Thin)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Medium Tomato (Diced Small)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Seeds Removed and Diced Small)
- 1 Jalapeno (Seeds Removed and Diced Small)
- 3 Tbsps Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Wash and prepare all fresh produce. Mix all of the dry spices together in a small bowl.
- In a sauce pan, boil the nuts for 10 minutes. You can also soak them overnight submerged in water if you plan ahead.
- Meanwhile, in a high-sided frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and the onion is translucent. Then, add the shredded jackfruit and half of the spice mix. Stir to combine and continue to cook for 5 minutes. allowing the jackfruit to begin to brown. Set aside.
- Drain the cashews and set them aside. In that same sauce pan (if you boiled the nuts), add the potato and carrot pieces and submerge in water.
- Boil them on high, until they are easily pierced with a fork, approx. 5 minutes. Drain the vegetables but save the water.
- In a blender, add the boiled nuts, potato and carrot pieces, nutritional yeast and the rest of the spice mix. Blend on high adding small amounts of the reserved water until a smooth thick consistency is obtained. Transfer the “cheese” to a large bowl.
- Add the sautéed jackfruit mixture, diced peppers and tomato. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with some of jackfruit mixture and diced peppers if desired.
- Serve immediately with lots of tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Queso Recipe, Vegan Party Recipe
You May Also Like…
Finally, if you are in need of other ideas to serve during the Super Bowl or for March Madness, check out some of these other recipes perfect for a Game Day.