A crispy air-fried vegan tofu that is smothered in a hot and spicy sauce. This Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu is crispy, spicy, and oh-so-satisfying! All-in-all, this plant-based protein will surely win over some carnivores, too!
Air Fryer Love
Do you love fried foods but want something a little healthier? Same here- REGULARLY! We love French fries so much that when we heard about air fryers, we knew we had to have one!
However, we didn’t even realize we could use it for COUNTLESS other things. Then, we discovered this Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu. It’s simply amazing- no need for take-out!
But the best part about making this Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu?… it only takes ½ TEASPOON of oil. That’s it!!! You can have that crunchy fried flavor with a fraction of the oil and therefore, also the calories of traditional fried food. Flavorful and relatively healthy?… that’s a win in our book!
A Hot and Spicy Tofu
Additionally, people often think tofu is bland. But NOT this tofu! It’s spicy, garlicky, and crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside. All-in-all, delicious and definitely not bland.
Now, if you love spicy garlicy flavor, you will love this tofu. But feel free to experiment with other flavor combinations because the tofu can simply be made as is, and then tossed with your preferred sauce. Here are a few ideas we also like…
- Korean Gochujang
- Sweet and Sour
But that is just the beginning of possible flavors to try! Whatever sauce you decide to toss or dip these crunchy tofu nuggets in, this air fryer tofu is sure to delight.
It’s Time for… Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu!
Try this quick and easy tofu to satisfy that craving for something fried and comforting. Also, please let us know if you try this recipe. Simply comment down below this post or take a photo and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #meatlessmakeovers and don’t forget to rate the recipe too! Thanks so much! Enjoy!
A crispy air-fried tofu that is smothered in spicy chili garlic sauce. A plant-based protein that will surely win over some carnivores, too!
- 1 14 oz Package Extra Firm Tofu (Cubed)
- ½ Cup Arrowroot Flour (It can also called Arrowroot Starch)
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
Chili Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- Wash and prepare all fresh produce. Drain and press excess liquid out of the tofu using a paper towel or tofu press. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large sealable bag, toss the tofu and the arrowroot flour vigorously until all of the tofu is coated.
- In the bottom of your air fryer place 1 tsp of oil. Set the air fryer to 360°F.
- Working in batches, place the coated tofu into the air fryer leaving enough space between the pieces. Air Fry for 20 minutes stopping mid-way to shake the cubes for even frying. Depending on your air fryer and desired doneness you may want to fry the cubes for as much as 30 minutes (Keep checking it).
- While the tofu is frying, make the Ginger Garlic Sauce. Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- After all of the tofu is crispy, transfer it to a frying pan. Over medium heat, pour the sauce over the crispy tofu and stir to coat. Allow the tofu and sauce to heat until the sauce has reduced by half. About 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice or with toothpicks for a fun appetizer and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu
Lastly, if you are feeling extra motivated try making your own Homemade Tofu as the base for this recipe. Happy cooking!