A savory vegan snack that is protein rich and flavorful with a little spicy kick. This tofu jerky is a healthy and addicting treat that can easily be made at home with very little work and just a little time!
A Healthy Plant-based Snack
This time of year, is incredibly busy for us. And I’m sure it is the case for many of you. Therefore, we love to make easy snacks that can be grabbed when we are in a hurry but that are still healthy. This Tofu Jerky always does the trick. Plus, it is packed with protein so it keeps us full longer when we are on the run.
I know it might seem crazy to make a jerky made from tofu, but you won’t be disappointed. With all of the spicy seasoning and its chewy dried consistency, you probably won’t even realize that it is tofu. All you will know is that it is savory and filling and that always makes a terrific snack.
Making the Jerky
Additionally, if you don’t have a dehydrator but have been thinking about getting one, we would highly recommend it. We have never regretted buying ours. Not for one second because not only can we make this easy spicy jerky but we find ourselves using it constantly for dehydrating fruits and veggies.
However, if you aren’t ready to splurge for a dehydrator, this jerky can also be made in oven. Simply bake it at 250°F on parchment paper for 3-4 hours, flipping once or twice.
Get Ready for Homemade Tofu Jerky!
This Tofu Jerky is something special. It’s a protein rich vegan snack that even meat eaters will enjoy! Happy snacking!
A savory vegan snack that is protein rich and full of flavor. This tofu jerky is a healthy and addicting treat that can easily be made at home!
- Open and drain the tofu. Either use a tofu press or wrap the brick of tofu with a few paper towels and place between two heavy cutting boards to remove excess water.
- After letting the tofu press for at least 10 minutes, unwrap it and slice it into extra thin long rectangles. Place them on a in a single layer on a clean flat surface.
- In a small bowl combine the liquid aminos and liquid smoke. With a pastry brush apply the liquid mixture to both sides of the tofu.
- In another small bowl, combine the all of the dry spices. One by one dip each piece of tofu in to the spice mix, making sure they are coated entirely.
- Place the coated tofu in a single layer onto the dehydrator trays.
- Set the dehydrator to 175°F and let the tofu dry for 4-6 hours, flipping the tofu halfway through.
- Remove when completely dry and store in resealable bag for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Tofu Jerky, Vegan, Snack, Spicy
Finally, if you have made this tofu jerky recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy snacking! 😊