These Vegan Mexican Street Corn Ribs are bursting with flavor. By combining corn ribs with elote toppings, you are left with one amazing plant-based side perfect for sharing.
Elote aka Mexican Street Corn
There is nothing better than corn on the cob in the summer, especially if it’s buttery, cheesy, and spicy! Mexican elote is an extremely popular street food that is typically made with mayo and lots of cheese- but not this delicious vegan alternative.
Dairy free cream cheese replaces the mayo for rich creaminess and then it’s topped with healthy parmesan made from pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and nutritional yeast instead of the traditional cotija cheese.
But don’t think for a second that this corn is going to be bland. Even by swapping out the classic ingredients, this corn still has loads of ridiculously good flavor.
Vegan Corn Ribs
Although Mexican street corn is amazing on its own, it can be a little messy to eat. Therefore, we cut the ears of corn into small “ribs” to create one fabulously fun side dish that’s much more manageable to eat.
By first halving and then quartering each ear of corn, you are left with ribs that are approximately 3-4 inches long and can be devoured easily. However, for a larger corn rib, you can simply quarter your ears for a final rib that will be the length of an ear of corn.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Ears of Corn – This summer treat is cut into fun handheld bites making it irresistible.
- Vegan Butter – Creamy butter adds necessary fats to help with even cooking.
- Agave Nectar – Naturally sweet agave gives these ribs the depth of flavor that will have you licking your lips.
- Lime – Tart lime juice starts to build the Mexican flavor.
- Vegan Cream Cheese – Smooth cream cheese gives richness and helps to blend the rest of the flavors.
- Spices – Your choice of either chipotle pepper or smoked paprika can either bring the heat or make it smoky. You can’t go wrong or use both!
- Pepita Parmesan – A heavy sprinkle of homemade Vegan Pepita Parmesan adds yummy cheesy flavor as well as great texture.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is the perfect finishing touch for these ribs. But you can skip it if it’s not your favorite.
FAQ & Mexican Street Corn Rib Tips:
Can the corn ribs be grilled instead of using an air fryer?
- Absolutely. To make it on the grill, first cut them, brush them with the butter mixture and then grill for approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Finally, follow with the remaining toppings.
Can you substitute vegan mayonnaise for the cream cheese?
- Yup, vegan mayo will also work.
Mix It Up
- Feel free to experiment with the spices that you use and/or the dairy free cheese. Store bought parmesan also works (we love the brand Violife) or you can also use feta, mozzarella, or cheddar instead.
- These elote corn ribs can be enjoyed alongside tacos, veggie burgers, or even a salad.
Great for Entertaining
Although summer is rapidly ending, there is still time to enjoy delicious summer food with loved ones. These Vegan Mexican Corn Ribs are a terrific side for your next BBQ and they will likely be the talk of the party. Just be sure to grab one for yourself before they all disappear. Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made these corn ribs, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Vegan Mexican Street Corn Ribs
- Prep Time: 13 min.
- Cook Time: 7 min.
- Total Time: 20 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
Comforting yet healthy vegan Mexican street corn ribs that are air-fried for an easy side dish that’s bursting with flavor.
- 3 Ears of Corn
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter (Melted)
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Lime (Juiced)
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Pepper or Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Pepita Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
- Remove the husk and fibers from the ears of corn. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut each ear in half. Leaving you with six equal sized ears.
- Place each ear on a cutting board vertically and slice them in half lengthwise. This may need a little force. Next, cut each half into quarters lengthwise. Giving you eight pieces for each ear of corn.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. In a small bowl, melt the butter and add the agave syrup and lime juice, stir to combine. Brush each “rib” with the butter mixture.
- Carefully place the ribs into the hot air fryer and cook until lightly browned, approx. 7 minutes.
- Once the ribs have browned remove them from the air fryer and spread vegan cream cheese on each. Sprinkle with chipotle chili pepper or paprika, pepita Parmesan and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover corn ribs can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days and reheated.
The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Mexican Street Corn Ribs, Vegan Elote Recipe, Air Fryer Corn Ribs