This cozy and satisfying bowl recipe features savory roasted pumpkin alongside tangy Korean kimchi and nutritious fresh veggies. There’s no better way to welcome in Fall than with these comforting Vegan Pumpkin Kimchi Quinoa Bowls!
Crazy for Kimchi
We are big fans of kimchi. I mean what could be better than fermented veggies with some heat?!
A couple of our favorite recipes featuring this Korean staple include: Vegan Creamy Kimchi Brussels Sprouts and Kimchi Vegan Deviled “Eggs.” But now we have one incredible seasonal recipe coming your way!
A Cozy Fall Bowl
Nothing screams Autumn like pumpkin. However, there is no need to settle for just a latté!
By adding sweet roasted pumpkin to a healthy quinoa bowl, you have a nutritional powerhouse. In fact, pumpkin is especially high in vitamin A as well as countless other vitamins and minerals and it’s also low in calories. The fermented kimchi is great for your gut health too. This quinoa bowl is healthy and absolutely delicious!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Pumpkin – A small sugar pumpkin (aka “pie” pumpkin) is roasted for a creamy and sweet bite that goes down like candy.
- Kimchi – The sour, spicy, and umami notes of the fermented cabbage plays off the sweet pumpkin in complete harmony.
- Quinoa – The nutty and earthy taste of quinoa enhances the multitude of flavors and textures in this bowl. However, rice or another grain can also be used.
- Fresh Vegetables – Although the veggies can be substituted for your own favorites, we adore the combination of bell pepper, fresh greens and sprouts, green onion, and avocado.
- Tahini – This optional ingredient adds richness and creaminess to the quinoa bowl. A light drizzle is all you need.
- Optional Garnish: Pepitas (Roasted Pumpkin Seeds) – For a crunchy addition, we recommend topping your bowl with a few pepitas. As a bonus, they will also provide extra protein.
FAQ & Pumpkin Kimchi Quinoa Bowl Tips:
Is this recipe gluten-free?
- Absolutely! Additionally, the tahini drizzle can also be substituted for another dressing of your choice if needed due to an allergy.
Is Kimchi always vegan?
- No. Typically, kimchi is made with fish sauce, so be sure to purchase one that is clearly marked as vegan, if needed.
What is the best type of pumpkin for roasting?
- We recommend using a sugar pumpkin (also called “pie” pumpkins) because they are often sweeter and much easier to work with due to their small size. However, a larger pumpkin can also be used if necessary.
Tip: Cut the pumpkin in half and then peel.
- To cube the pumpkin easily, first cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Next, peel the skin using a vegetable peeler. Finally, chop the pumpkin into small bite sized pieces prior to roasting.
Mix It Up!
- Instead of pumpkin try using sweet potato or a winter squash.
Healthy & Satisfying
For a flavorful Fall meal that’s also super healthy, look no further! Pumpkin and kimchi lovers unite for this scrumptious quinoa bowl. Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Vegan Pumpkin Kimchi Quinoa Bowls
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Total Time: 45 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Grain Bowl
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A cozy and satisfying vegan bowl recipe featuring savory roasted pumpkin, tangy Korean kimchi, and fresh veggies served over quinoa. Yay Fall!
- 1 Small Sugar Pumpkin (Peeled and Cubed)
- 1 Cup Dry Quinoa (Cooked)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Cup Vegan Kimchi
- 4 Cups Packed Mixed Greens
- 1 Avocado (Sliced and Peeled)
- 2 Tbsp Tahini (garnish)
- 3 Green Onions (Sliced Thin, Garnish)
- Optional Garnish: 1 Tbsp Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel, deseed, and cube the pumpkin.
- Place the cubed pumpkin on a sheet pan and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- While the pumpkin roasts, cook quinoa as per the directions on the package.
- Chop the vegetables as directed above.
- Starting with a bed of quinoa and greens. Next, add the pumpkin, kimchi and bell pepper to the bowl.
- Garnish with pepitas, avocado, green onion and tahini. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Kimchi Bowl, Quinoa Bowl Recipe, Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Recipe