This Vegetable Coconut Matcha Ramen is a cozy bowl of leafy green broth filled with oodles of noodles and lots nutritious vegetables. This healthy homemade ramen is bound to be a family favorite!
The Power of Matcha
Matcha tea is the star of this comforting ramen soup. Matcha is powdered green tea leaves that can be used to make a healthy cup of tea or for flavoring.
Matcha flavored treats and goodies are currently having a moment and for good reason. It brings a slight sweetness along with many health benefits…
- It’s packed with antioxidants, fiber, chlorophyll, and vitamins.
- It has been shown to boost metabolism and burn calories.
- Helps to boost energy and helps you remain alert throughout the day.
- Naturally detoxifies the body.
- Last but not least, it tastes DELICIOUS!
No matter how you consume matcha, it is sure to deliver rich flavor and big nutrition. So why not consume it as a meal rather than just a tea like in this Vegetable Coconut Matcha Ramen?!
There is just something so cozy about a big bowl of soup with noodles. This vegetable ramen is light yet satisfying. Then, add your tofu and you have a complete meal. No sides necessary!
Additionally, there is no need to worry about your sodium intake. Unlike store bought ramen with seasoning packets, a homemade version allows you to add as much or as little salt as desired.
If you love ramen but aren’t crazy about matcha or you just don’t have any on-hand, you may also enjoy this Honeynut Squash Miso Ramen. But feel free to swap out the honeynut for any other squash or even sweet potato.
This quick and easy Vegetable Coconut Matcha Ramen provides warmth, flavor, and a beautiful green hue. Get all the benefits of matcha in one tasty complete meal.
Vegetable Coconut Matcha Ramen
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté, Simmer
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Diet: Vegan
A vegan ramen made with shiitake mushrooms, broccolini, tofu, and nutritious matcha in a savory coconut broth. This vegetable ramen delivers!
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 5 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 13.5 oz Can Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbsp Matcha Tea Powder
- 6 Broccolini Stalks (Chopped)
- 1 Small Rediccio (Sliced Thin)
- 1 15 oz. Container Extra Firm Tofu (Diced)
- 9 oz. Ramen Noodles (Dry)
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Shelled Edamame
- 3–4 Green Onions (Sliced Lengthwise)
- Prepare all fresh produce as per the directions above.
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms in a deep frying pan with a small amount of oil, over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is fragrant.
- Add miso paste and ginger powder and stir to combine.
- Add coconut milk and broth. Stir in matcha powder.
- Next add broccolini and allow soup to simmer for 2-3 minute. Add tofu and carefully stir to incorporate.
- Finally add the noodles, rediccio and edamame to the soup. Cover and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and top with green onions and extra matcha.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Matcha Ramen Recipe, Vegetable Coconut Matcha Ramen, Vegan Ramen Recipe