It’s baseball season!!! And you know what goes perfectly with a nice cold drink while you watch a game…. Air Fryer Coconut Curry Cauliflower!
I know, cauliflower and curry probably aren’t two words you would normally associate with baseball. However, once you have these crunchy bite-sized morsels you will be craving them for each and EVERY baseball game. I mean, honestly- all 162 of them or even more (Come on, Twins make the post season!!!).
These Air Fryer Coconut Curry Cauliflower bites are indulgent thanks to the smidge of oil used while “frying.” Yet they are also remarkably healthy for a game day snack because it only takes 1 teaspoon of oil to fry an entire head of cauliflower! Amazing!
But the real winner of this snack is the combination of coconut and curry. The bright curry matches splendidly with the subtle coconut. However, the coconut and flour breading gives the delicate cauliflower a crispy bite that makes it game day ready.
My one tip, be sure to give each cauliflower floret a generous coating of the breading mixture. It may take an extra minute or two in the air fryer but it will be SO WORTH IT. Once they are irresistibly brown and crispy on the outside, they are ready to be devoured immediately!
Go ahead, relax and watch your own favorite team, no matter the sport. But whatever you do, don’t forget the perfect game day finger food- crispy, crunchy Air Fryer Coconut Curry Cauliflower. Play ball!
- ⅔ Cup Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Cup Flour (We Used Gluten Free)
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 9 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Oil
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl combine the flour, coconut, salt, pepper and curry powder and stir.
- In a second bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water. Stir and allow to sit for 7 minutes. While the flax absorbs the water.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees with the oil.
- One at a time, dip the cauliflower pieces into the flax “egg” and then into the coconut mixture. You may need to make more of the flax “eggs” or coconut mixture, depending on the size of your cauliflower.
- Place them into the air fryer and cook until browned well, approx.7-10 minutes. Turn half way through to promote even browning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.