A refreshing homemade cocktail recipe that features the amazing flavor combo of cantaloupe and ginger. Make these Easy Melon Moscow Mules for a fun night in.
A Fun Variation on a Moscow Mule
We are no strangers to Moscow Mules. In fact, one of our all-time favorites recipes, a Montana Huckleberry Mule, was the featured cocktail at our wedding many moons ago and continues to be in our regular rotation along with a unique Prickly Pear Moscow Mule or an extra citrusy Orange Blossom Moscow Mule.
Well with a little more experimenting, we have a new mule recipe coming your way… Easy Melon Moscow Mules!
Sweet and Simple
The thing we love most about this recipe is that it can be made in a jiffy because it features melon liqueur. The sweet liqueur is a terrific compliment to the zesty ginger beer and tangy lime.
Finally, with the addition of vodka, you have one quick and refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for sipping on a hot summer night. Cheers!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Vodka – Clean and almost tasteless vodka is perfect for this irresistible cocktail.
- Melon Liqueur – Bright and fruity, melon liqueur is addicting and tastes like summer.
- Lime – Fresh lime juice helps to blend the flavors of this drink and give a little tartness.
- Ginger Beer – Strong ginger beer tops off this drink with deep ginger flavor and a nice fizz.
FAQ & Melon Moscow Mule Tips:
Can you use fresh fruit instead of melon liqueur?
- Yes. If you are unable to find melon liqueur, the next best thing is to puree cantaloupe in a blender and strain out some of the pulp for a homemade sweetener with less calories per drink. However, be aware that the drink will have a thicker consistency if you opt for this method.
Tip: Add a Fun (and Tasty!) Garnish
- We recommend adding either a melon ball or just a chunk of fresh fruit to your drink. Not only does it look pretty but it tastes divine after floating in your drink for a bit. Additionally, a sprig of fresh basil or mint also adds a fun pop of color.
A Tasty Summer Cocktail
The days are long and hot. That means you need a nice cool drink in your hand. Go ahead and try this tasty variation on a classic cocktail – you know you want to! Cheers!
Finally, if you have made this melon mule, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
An easy Moscow Mule cocktail that features the amazing flavor combo of cantaloupe and ginger- Don’t miss these homemade Melon Mules!
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Melon Liqueur
- 1 Lime (Juice)
- 8 oz. Ginger Beer
- Cantaloupe (Optional Garnish)
- Fresh Basil (Optional Garnish)
- Prepare the melon balls for your garnish, if using.
- Fill two glasses or copper mugs with ice.
- Divide the vodka and melon liqueur between the glasses.
- Cut the lime in half and juice one half into each glass.
- Fill the glasses the rest of the way with ginger beer.
- Garnish with cantaloupe balls and fresh basil, if desired and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Cantaloupe Cocktail Recipe, Moscow Mule Recipe, Homemade Melon Mules