A sweet and savory summer salad featuring meaty seitan and juicy berries over a bed of fresh greens. Serve this Vegan Strawberry Seitan Steak Salad to herbivores and carnivores alike for a nutritious meal that is sure to satisfy all!
Seitan (pronounced SAY-Tan) has become mighty popular lately (especially on TikTok!) but this high-protein meat replacement has been used for centuries in China. It is made from wheat gluten and is a terrific meat substitute due to its dense consistency and meaty texture.
For this nutritious salad, Homemade Seitan (or feel free to use store-bought) is cut into thin strips and brushed with a smoky marinade to replicate slices of strip steak. Although there is no need to worry plant-based eaters, this “steak” is cruelty free.
Quick and Healthy
There is nothing better than a fresh salad this time of year. However, when you combine savory seitan with juicy strawberries, you have a killer salad that meat-eaters might just envy!
Last but not least, we love to drizzle it with our recipe for The Best Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing. It adds a phenomenal tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the savory seitan and bright berries. Of course, feel free to use a dressing of your choice instead if preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Mixed Greens– A bed of fresh lettuce makes this simple salad a nutritious meal.
- Seitan – Dense and meaty, seitan is a perfect replacement for steak in this recipe.
- Strawberries – Fresh strawberries go great on salad, giving bursts of flavor with each bite.
- Green Onion – Savory onion rounds out the palate and adds additional freshness.
- Sliced Almonds – Sliced almonds bring more protein into this recipe and provides a nice crunch.
- Seitan Marinade – The combination of salty and smoky elevate the seitan to an even more meaty flavor.
- Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing (or another Dressing of your choice) – Try making your own dressing with this recipe for The Best Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing, featuring a tofu base and lots of fresh dill.
FAQ & Vegan Strawberry Seitan Steak Salad Tips:
Is this salad gluten-free?
- No. Seitan is made from vital wheat gluten, so those that are gluten intolerant or have been diagnosed with celiac disease, should avoid this plant-based protein. Alternatively, tofu can also be used as a replacement if needed.
What dressing should I use on this salad?
- We highly recommend topping this salad with this homemade recipe for The Best Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing. However, a balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette would also pair nicely.
- Feel free to skip the step of marinating and heating the seitan. Although, we love this salad topped with the warmed seitan, it is also delicious chilled.
Mix It Up
- Instead of strawberries, try raspberries or blackberries. Additionally, try adding extra veggies such as chopped cucumber, sugar snap peas, or creamy avocado.
A Delicious Summer Salad
Delight your senses with this easy to make plant-based salad. 🥗 You don’t want to miss the explosion of flavors that are combined for a nutritious seasonal salad that carnivores are sure to enjoy as well. 😄 Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made salad, we would love to hear what you think. Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Vegan Strawberry Seitan Steak Salad
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 5 min.
- Total Time: 15 min.
- Yield: 2 Large or 6 Small Servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A quick and easy vegan summer salad featuring strips of seitan steak and fresh strawberries topped with a creamy tofu blue cheese dressing.
- 8 oz. Seitan (Sliced Thin)
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- Mixed Greens
- 8 oz. Fresh Strawberries (Quartered)
- 2 Green Onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- Make the seitan, if needed, and prepare the rest of the produce as directed.
- Mix the liquid aminos and liquid smoke together in a small bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the seitan. Brush the seitan with the liquid mixture while it browns. Remove from heat and slice thin.
- Place the greens onto a serving plate and top with the sliced seitan, strawberries, green onion, almonds and dressing of your choice. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Strawberry Steak Salad, Seitan Salad Recipe, Vegan Summer Salad
2 thoughts on “Vegan Strawberry Seitan Steak Salad”
I just made this dish, on a very warm Sunday afternoon. It turned out very well and was so refreshing. I will make it again, Joe Cochran
Thanks, Joe. We are so glad that you liked it!