A delightful summer salad made with grilled vegetables and covered in a spicy peanut sauce, this Thai Vegan Brown Rice Salad is both healthy and satisfying.
A Scrumptious Summer Meal
Summer is all about grilling and this easy brown rice salad features loads of grilled vegetables including zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, corn, and red bell pepper.
Next, the veggies are mixed with brown rice, diced avocado, arugula, and chopped fresh basil for a complete meal that will leave you feeling comfortably full.
The BEST Sauce. Period.
Although this salad is mouthwatering all on its own, probably the best part is the spicy peanut sauce. In fact, it’s so good, you may just want to lick every last drop from the bowl.
This easy homemade sauce is both sweet and spicy and is then drizzled all over the savory grilled vegetable rice salad adding protein and an explosion of flavor. Additionally, (if) you have any leftovers, it’s also terrific on noodles or it can be used as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, chopped vegetables, and so much more.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Summer Veggies – A combination of zucchini, yellow squash, corn, asparagus, and red bell pepper are the base of this warm weather grilled salad.
- Brown Rice – Filling and delicious, brown rice is amazing in this room temperature salad.
- Arugula (or mixed greens) – Peppery arugula brings a fresh crunch to this dish and familiarizes guests to this salad.
- Avocado – Creamy avocado brings out the nutrition with healthy fats and subtle flavor.
- Fresh Basil – Basil is growing like crazy this time of year and adding it to salad is a no brainer.
- Spicy Peanut Sauce – Savory, spicy and creamy, this sauce is gold. Literally use left over for everything.
FAQ & Thai Vegan Brown Rice Salad Tips:
Is this salad gluten-free?
- Absolutely. This salad can be enjoyed by those that need to avoid gluten. However, if there are nut allergies, a different sauce will need to be substituted for the peanut sauce.
Should this salad be served warm or cold?
- We recommend serving this salad cold or at room temperature on a hot summer day. However, it can also be served warm if desired.
Mix It Up
- Try substituting your own favorite vegetables for this brown rice salad. Carrots, green beans, eggplant, bok choy, or mushrooms would all be delicious in this salad.
Tip: Add a Protein
- Feel free to add cubed tofu, tempeh, or a can of beans to this recipe for extra protein.
Great for Meal Prep
Go ahead and make this brown rice salad in advance. Although it is best served the day of, it is also scrumptious a day or two later.
However, we suggest covering the salad well to help retain moisture as well as adding the fresh greens, avocado, and basil immediately before serving. Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this salad, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A summer salad made with grilled vegetables and a spicy peanut sauce, this Thai Vegan Brown Rice Salad is both healthy & satisfying.
- 1 Cup Brown Rice (Cooked)
- 1 Yellow Squash (Halved and Cut into 1/2 inch Slices)
- 1 Zucchini (Halved and Cut into 1/2 inch Slices)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Deseeded and Large Diced)
- 10 Asparagus Spears (Cut in Half)
- 1 Ear of Corn (Husked)
Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1 Garlic Clove (Grated)
- 1/3 Cup Water
Fresh Salad Ingredients:
- 2 Cups Arugula (or Mixed Greens)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Basil (Chopped, for Garnish)
- Avocado (Cubed, for Garnish)
- Fresh Lime Juice (Optional)
- Prepare the grill, if using, or a grill pan.
- Make the rice, as per the directions on the package. Prepare the vegetables as directed above.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and stir thoroughly to combine. Set aside.
- In a grill pan on the stove or in a grill basket on a grill, cook the squash, zucchini , pepper and asparagus stir occasionally until tender and lightly browned. Approx 10 min. Remove and set aside.
- Place the corn in the grill pan or on the grill and cook, turning occasionally until evenly charred. (Steps 4 & 5 can be combined if you are using a large grill.)
- Place the cooked rice into a large bowl along with the arugula.
- Next, add the vegetables to the bowl and combine.
- Slice the charred corn kernels off the ear and mix into the salad.
- Top the salad with the prepared peanut sauce, fresh basil, avocado and lime juice, if desired.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Brown Rice Salad, Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad, Thai Peanut Salad