A simple homemade condiment made with the star of the olive world- this Easy Vegan Castelvetrano Tapenade is delightfully salty and tastes sublime on toast, sprinkled on a salad, or spread on your favorite sandwich.
A Salty & Savory Condiment
There is just something about olives. They’re meaty texture and their irresistible saltiness is a match made in heaven. Although all olives have their place, our personal favorite is Castelvetrano due to their mild flavor and extra firm texture.
Even-though these delightful olives can be enjoyed as is, by incorporating them in a simple tapenade, a gourmet condiment is created and ready for your next soiree.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Castelvetrano Olives – Firm and meaty, these olives are a perfect base for the tapenade.
- Capers – Small but mighty, capers pack a punch of flavor for this spread.
- Garlic – Need depth of flavor? Just add garlic.
- Parsley – Fragrant parsley adds freshness to this complex sandwich addition.
- Lemon Juice – Bright and tangy, lemon juice livens up the deep olive flavor.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Amazing olive oil acts as the glue that binds all of the tapenade ingredients together.
Watch: How to make Easy Vegan Castelvetrano Tapenade
FAQ & Castelvetrano Tapenade Tips:
How long can you keep homemade tapenade?
- Typically tapenade will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator if it is stored in a covered container. Furthermore, you can also coat the top with a small amount of extra olive oil to extend the shelf life even longer.
Is olive tapenade healthy?
- Yes! Due to the fact that it is made with minimal ingredients, tapenade is actually a low-calorie condiment that you don’t need to feel guilty about. Additionally, thanks to its robust flavor, only a small amount is often needed.
Tip: Purchase pitted olives.
- No need to remove any pits when you purchase olives that are ready to go.
Tip: Use high-quality olive oil.
- Quality olive oil will provide richness and depth of flavor to this simple tapenade. Believe it or not, you really can taste the difference!
Easy and Delicious
Don’t wait any longer! Make this incredible condiment for a gourmet addition to your charcuterie board for sharing or just enjoy it all for yourself. Enjoy! 🫒
Finally, if you have made this recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A simple homemade condiment that ready in minutes and only requires a handful of ingredients. This Easy Vegan Castelvetrano Tapenade is delightfully salty and sure to impress!
- 1/2 lb Castelvetrano Olives (Drained and Pitted)
- 2 Tbsp Capers (Drained)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Peeled)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor place the pitted olives, capers, 2 cloves garlic, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Using the pulse function on the processor, chop until a desired consistency is obtained. We like ours a little chunky.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Castelvetrano Tapenade Recipe, Vegan Tapenade, Homemade Castelvetrano Tapenade