This fruity non-alcoholic alternative to a hot toddy is bound to sooth your body and your mind. Made with healthy elderberry syrup, zesty lemon, sweet maple syrup, and calming tea– it’s the perfect cozy drink to help you feel better.
Good for You Ingredients
The best thing about this tea is the boost of healthy additions. You can enjoy tea on its own for hydration but when you add antioxidant rich elderberry syrup, lemon juice, and natural maple syrup, you have a healthy drink that will leave you feeling superb.
There is no need for alcohol when you have the benefits and flavor provided by elderberry syrup. Additionally, elderberry has been shown to boost your immune system which helps to fight off colds and flu symptoms. In fact, many people believe it also helps one avoid Covid or lessens symptoms and speeds your recovery if you do get sick. Yes, please!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Tea – Warm and soothing, tea of any kind is a perfect base for this aromatic drink.
- Elderberry Syrup – Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, this delicious syrup is sure to become a favorite. Additionally, it’s always great in a morning smoothie!
- Lemon – Bright lemon juice awakens your senses with each sip.
- Maple Syrup – Rich maple syrup adds sweetness and robust flavor to this comforting drink.
- Optional Garnish – Sliced Fresh Ginger, a slice of Lemon or a Cinnamon Stick is warmed in the tea, releasing a cozy aroma that will open your senses making you feel amazing.
FAQ & Elderberry Not Toddy Tips:
What is the best tea to use for this drink?
- Although you can use any tea, we prefer to use lemon or some variation such as lemon mint or lemon ginger. The citrus is a great compliment to the sweet elderberry and it gives the drink a little zip.
What type of elderberry syrup is most beneficial
- Today you can find a variety of elderberry syrups on the market. However, we prefer to use one with minimal process so we highly recommend a small local brand called Stand Up Nutrition. They even have an option that is made with maple syrup rather than honey so it’s suitable for vegans too!
Can you substitute honey for the maple syrup?
- Absolutely. If you don’t follow a vegan diet, feel free to use honey instead. Either one will work or agave nectar can also be used.
Tip 1: Allow time for the tea to steep.
- When making the tea, we recommend first allowing your tea to steep before adding the additional ingredients.
Tip 2: Add a fun garnish or two!
- This tea is a gorgeous deep purple color on its own, but when you add a slice of lemon or a cinnamon stick, it also adds an extra flavor boost and it looks fun too!
Fresh and Recharge
Opt for this nutritious alternative to a traditional hot toddy that will get you back on your feet in no time at all. Cheers! 🫖
Finally, if you have made this Elderberry Not Toddy, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A non-alcoholic hot toddy featuring nutritious elderberry syrup. This vegan Elderberry Not Toddy is bound to perk you right up!
- 1 Tea Bag (Any Variety, Lemon flavor recommended)
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice)
- 2 tsp Elderberry Syrup
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Fresh Ginger (Sliced,Optional Garnish)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Optional Garnish)
- 1 Lemon Slice (Optional Garnish)
- Put water on to boil. You can use a kettle or boil water in a sauce pan and carefully fill a mug or use a microwave.
- Place the tea bag into the water and allow it to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the lemon juice,elderberry syrup and maple syrup to the tea and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh ginger, a lemon slice and cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Not Toddy Recipe, Elderberry Mocktail, Elderberry Not Toddy, Non-Alcoholic Hot Toddy Recipe