A refreshing sweet and minty cocktail featuring Sungold yellow kiwifruit. Delight all with this Golden Kiwi Mojito Cocktail which comes together in minutes with just a handful of ingredients.
Warm weather is upon us and that means it’s time for a cold beverage in your hand. But if you really want to up your cocktail game, don’t settle for a storebought can. Instead, whip up your own fancy cocktail at home with just a handful of ingredients.
A mojito is a classic Spring or Summer cocktail featuring muddled mint and white rum. It’s sweet, aromatic, and absolutely refreshing on a warm day. This version takes up the classic up a notch by using golden kiwifruit for extra sweetness and pizazz.
Ingredient Spotlight: SunGold Kiwifruit
We love a good green kiwi but when we spy golden kiwifruit at the store, we just can’t resist! This kiwi variety is sweeter than the traditional fruit but there is also just something about its beautiful sunny disposition.
Currently the only brand that sells golden kiwi is Zespri which is a product of New Zealand. Look for them sold in a one pound box which usually contains approximately 4 kiwifruit.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- SunGold Kiwifruit – Sweet and packed with vitamins, kiwi are the perfect accompaniment to mint in this mojito.
- Fresh Mint – Bright fresh mint screams warm weather. Sipping this mint infused drink is the logical choice this summer.
- White Rum – Subtle white rum lends itself to the sweet and mild kiwi and fragrant mint.
- Lime Juice – A splash of citrus helps to awaken the flavors in this adult beverage.
- Agave Syrup – This sweet syrup blends all of these ingredients together, making every sip delightful.
- Club Soda – Topping this concoction off with bubbly club soda adds effervescent fizz and keeps you coming back for more.
FAQ & Golden Kiwi Mojito Tips:
Can I use Green Kiwi instead?
- Yep, absolutely. If you aren’t able to track down Zespri Sungold Kiwi, green will work too but the cocktail won’t be quite as sweet. However, if needed you can also add additional agave to compensate.
Is there a substitute for the agave syrup?
- Yes. Agave syrup is the sweetener in this adult beverage but it can also be replaced with simple syrup or muddle 1 Tbsp of any sugar with the fresh mint and kiwi.
Stir Periodically While Drinking
- The kiwi will settle at the bottom of this cocktail. Therefore, we highly recommend either serving this drink with a straw or spoon to fully appreciate all the delicious flavors while sipping.
Make it a Mocktail
- This drink is just as phenomenal without the booze. Simply omit the rum for a refreshing beverage that everyone can enjoy. 😎
Be ready for warm weather with this refreshingly cool cocktail. Whip this easy drink up at your next picnic, BBQ, or block party for pure adult fun. ☀️
We’d Love Your Feedback
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this mojito recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
A refreshing sweet & minty mojito cocktail featuring Sungold kiwifruit. Delight all with this Golden Kiwi Mojito Cocktail at your next Spring or Summer gathering.
- 2 Golden Kiwi
- 10 Mint Leaves (More for Garnish)
- 2 Limes (Juiced)
- 2 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 4 oz. White Rum
- 8 oz. Club Soda
- Start by using two tall highball glasses. Cut the kiwi in half and scoop out the flesh evenly into the glasses. 1 kiwi each glass.
- Add 5 mint leaves to each glass as well as the juice of one lime (half in each glass).
- Muddle this mixture well until the mint is fragrant and starting to break down.
- Next add 1 Tbsp agave to each glass as well as 1 or 2 oz. of white rum. Stir to combine.
- Fill the glasses with ice and top off with club soda. Approx. 4 oz. each glass.
- Serve immediately. Stir while drinking to experience the amazing flavor combination. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Golden Kiwi Mojito, Golden Kiwi Cocktail Recipe, Kiwi Mojito Recipe