There is nothing better than a festive holiday party. Actually, there is nothing better than having THE PERFECT appetizer to share at a holiday party! This Olive Artichoke Cashew “Cheese” Ball will have people raving at your holiday gatherings this year.
First things first, this is actually not a real cheese ball, but rather it is made from cashews. But this super creamy and salty cashew ball is full of healthy protein and plant-based fat unlike a typical cheese ball.
The key to this delicious appetizer is the flavor. Olives and artichokes must be best friends because they work so well together. Plus, they give the Olive Artichoke Cashew “Cheese” Ball a beautiful texture and color that will stand out amongst other holiday apps.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the pistachios! They look gorgeous covering this “cheese” ball and they add a nice crunch to offset the creaminess from the blended cashews.
We plan to serve this Olive Artichoke Cashew “Cheese” Ball with plenty of baguette slices and/or crunchy crackers. However, no matter what you serve this delightful appetizer on, it will be sure to please the palate of your holiday guests this year. Happy Holidays!
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (Soaked overnight or boiled for 15 minutes)
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Kalamata Olives (Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Artichoke Hearts (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme (Leaves removed)
- Pistachios (Chopped)
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil them for 15 minutes.
- Chop the olives, artichokes and pistachios. Mince the garlic.
- Drain the cashews and pour them into a food processor.
- Next add the nutritional yeast, miso paste, thyme leaves, garlic, ½ of the chopped artichokes, lemon juice and the oil.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Scoop the “cheese” into a medium bowl. Add the olives and the rest of the chopped artichokes to the cheese and stir to combine.
- Using your hands or a piece of clear wrap, form the cheese into a ball (See Picture).
- Chill the formed cheese ball in the refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Remove and coat the outside of the cheese ball with the chopped pistachios.
- Serve with bread, crackers or cut vegetables.
If you still need other vegan appetizer ideas, give these other recipes a try…