A fresh vegan summer salad featuring raw zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, and red bell pepper. Then, this healthy zoodle salad is topped with an Asian dressing with an irresistible spicy crunch. It’s raw, spicy, and absolutely delicious!
A Healthy Raw Vegan Salad
August produce is upon us and this nutritious salad takes advantage of all the incredible vegetables that are available this time of year.
However, this salad also has a unique look because the fresh summer vegetables are spiralized into colorful noodles creating a healthy side salad that is also fun to eat. Additionally, the veggies are better able to soak up all of the tangy sesame dressing in their noodle form, making every bite burst with flavor.
An Easy Homemade Dressing
Although this salad is stunning, the best part just might be the easy homemade dressing. It’s tangy with just the right amount of spice and will leave you devouring this healthy veggie-packed salad.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Zucchini or Summer Squash – Tender and a true sign of the season, summer squash is amazing when turned into noodles.
- Carrot – Bursting with flavor and nutrients, carrots add a wonderful crunch to this salad.
- Red Bell Pepper – Thinly sliced bell pepper gives a pop of color as well as flavorful moisture to this salad.
- Green Onion – Small but mighty, green onion is a mere garnish but adds a huge amount of flavor to this salad.
- Homemade Spicy Sesame Dressing – Think nutty, spicy and tart. This sauce is reminiscent of a dumpling sauce but mild enough to coat a beautiful raw salad.
FAQ & Spicy Asian Zoodle Salad Tips:
Is this recipe gluten-free?
- Yep! This recipe is safe for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
How spicy is this zoodle salad?
- This salad is moderately spicy. It should be suitable for most adults who enjoy a little heat from time to time. However, the dressing can also be modified for a milder palate.
Mix It Up
- Feel free to omit or substitute vegetables as needed. Additionally, the veggies can also be chopped rather than spiralized and mixed greens can also be added if you prefer a more traditional salad.
Meal Prep Tip
- If you are making this salad in advance, we recommend adding the dressing immediately before serving if you prefer a crunch to your veggies. Alternatively, you can also add the dressing early if you want it to fully permeate the zoodles and it’s also super tasty this way especially when you are enjoying leftovers.
A Gorgeous Summer Side
Don’t even think about turning on that oven! Not when you can have a scrumptious side salad that features all of the colors of the rainbow with a nutritious raw crunch. 🥕🫑🌶 Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this zoodle salad, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A raw vegan salad featuring spiralized summer squash, carrot, and red bell pepper– this Spicy Asian Zoodle Salad is fresh and flavorful!
Spicy Sesame Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chili Crisp
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Cane Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Small Zucchini (Spiralized)
- 1 Small Yellow Zucchini or Summer Squash (Spiralized)
- 1 Large Carrot (Spiralized)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Julienned)
- 2 Green Onions (Sliced)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
- In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, create noodles out of the zucchini, squash and carrot. If your noodles are extra long, we suggest cutting them into more manageable pieces for easier eating. Then, place the noodles into a large bowl.
- Julienne the bell pepper and add it to the bowl. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the green onion and sesame seeds into the salad and serve. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Asian Zoodle Salad, Vegan Summer Squash Salad, Spiralized Salad Recipe, Salad with Spicy Sesame Dressing