A sweet and savory toast that tastes as good as it looks. This Vegan Herby Whipped Feta and Tomato Toast showcases beautiful heirloom tomatoes and rich and creamy dairy-free cheese on top of crispy garlic toast. This easy plant-based meal is summer at its finest!
An Easy Plant-Based Meal
As summer comes to a close, now is the time to take advantage of all of those showstopping heirloom tomatoes. Crispy garlic toast is the perfect vehicle for your gorgeous tomato slices.
Simply serve this swoon-worthy toast alongside a fresh garden salad for the ultimate late summer meat-free meal.
Tangy and Creamy Homemade Whipped Feta Cheese
We are big fans of feta cheese. It’s bright and tangy with a delicious dry consistency. However, then we discovered whipped feta cheese!
This whipped version has all of the flavor but it also has a luscious texture. Additionally, it’s super easy to make. Simply throw everything into a food processor or blender and BOOM- you have epic creaminess with tons of herbalicious flavor.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bread – Toasty bread is the perfect base for a smooth cheese spread and tender tomatoes.
- Garlic – Rubbing a clove of garlic on toasted bread takes it to another level.
- Vegan Feta Cheese – Tart and tasty, vegan feta whips up to a great spread for toast.
- Tofu – Soft tofu blended into the feta adds protein to this delicious spread.
- Lemon Juice – The juice from 1/2 a lemon provides extra tanginess to the whipped feta.
- Tomato – Late summer tomatoes are the centerpiece of this toast.
- Fresh Basil – Fragrant fresh basil is another summer delicacy that is wonderful on this bright meal.
FAQ & Vegan Herby Whipped Feta and Tomato Toast Tips:
What bread should I use for this recipe?
- We love to use whole wheat sourdough for this toast, but anything from pumpernickel to baguette slices will work for this recipe.
What if I can’t find vegan feta cheese?
- Unfortunately, the feta is a key ingredient for this recipe and switching it out will be challenging. However, if you are in a bind, you could also try using vegan cream cheese instead. Although you may wish to add more lemon to give the “cheese” a little more tanginess.
What should I serve with this toast?
- Although this toast is great on its own, for a complete meal we like to serve it alongside a fresh garden salad.
Tip: Use a high quality tomato
- Don’t skimp on the tomato for this recipe! We recommend using an heirloom tomato or another in season variety. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
Tip: Remove the oil for a healthier toast
- Although we love the rich flavor of the whipped feta when olive oil is used, you can opt to replace it with an equal amount of water for a healthier option.
It’s Toast Time!
Enjoy every last juicy bite of each tomato you just couldn’t resist buying from the farmers market. 🍅 It will truly shine over the creamy and herby whipped feta. Cheers!
Finally, if you have made this toast, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Vegan Herby Whipped Feta and Tomato Toast
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 3 min.
- Total Time: 13 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Food Processor, Toast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A rich and savory recipe featuring gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. This vegan herby whipped feta and tomato toast celebrates late summer.
Vegan Herby Whipped Feta Ingredients:
- 8 oz Vegan Feta Cheese (Loosely Crumbled)
- 8 oz Soft Tofu (Loosely Crumbled)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- Sourdough Bread (Sliced, Toasted)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Large Heirloom Tomato (Sliced)
- 1 tsp Fresh Basil (Chopped for Garnish)
- In a blender combine the cheese, tofu, oil and lemon juice, blend until very smooth.
- Transfer the whipped cheese to a bowl and add the chopped basil, stir to combine.
- Toast the bread and rub the garlic clove over the top side of the toasted bread to flavor.
- Spread a generous layer of whipped cheese to the top side of the toast, top with slices of tomato.
- Season the top of the tomato with salt and pepper if desired and garnish with a little extra fresh basil. Enjoy!
- Leftover whipped feta cheese can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. However, it will thicken, so it may need to be stirred before spreading.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Whipped Feta, Tomato Toast Recipe, Vegan Summer Toast