A satisfying and nutritious vegan and gluten-free meal featuring colorful vegetables. This tempeh & cabbage glass noodle stir fry checks all the boxes!
A Colorful Vegan Entree
Vegetables come in all shapes and colors and there is truly nothing better than looking at your plate and seeing the rainbow.
For this gorgeous meal, carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, and red napa cabbage add a healthy bite especially when paired with protein-rich tempeh and satisfying glass noodles.
Ingredient Spotlight: Red Napa Cabbage
Cabbage is in the cruciferous vegetable family that includes broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and more and it’s also one veggie that we used to shy away from. But now we have learned the error of our ways, and use it often and in a multitude of recipes.
Napa cabbage is a great variety that is used for kimchi. However, this gorgeous red Napa cabbage also works great when it is braised amongst other vegetables for a healthy plant-based meal.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Glass Noodles – Tender and light glass noodles are wonderful added to the stir fried veggies.
- Napa Cabbage – Bright and flavorful, red Napa cabbage is the star of this dish.
- Tempeh – Protein packed tempeh makes this recipe a meal, helping to keep you full for hours.
- Vegetables – Carrots, Snow Peas, Mushrooms, Garlic and Green Onion gives this dish amazing color but more importantly tons of flavor.
- Sesame Seeds – A simple garnish but they add a delightful nutty flavor that enhances the homemade sauce.
- Spicy Sesame Sauce – Savory, spicy, and sweet- you are gonna be adding this sauce to more than just this recipe. We promise!
FAQ & Tempeh & Red Cabbage Glass Noodle Tips:
What are glass noodles made from?
- Glass noodles, also known as cellophane noodles or fensi, are a transparent noodle made from mung bean flour and water.
What is the difference between napa cabbage and traditional green or red cabbage?
- Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, is similar to regular cabbage but leafier due to its elongated shape. Additionally, napa cabbage has a milder flavor with a touch of sweetness.
Mix It Up: Possible Substitutions
Don’t have Napa cabbage? Use green, savoy, or red cabbage instead.
Never cooked with tempeh? Replace it with tofu or edamame.
Switch up the veggies! Don’t hesitate to swap out any of the vegetables in this stir fry. Broccoli, pepper, or baby corn would also be great for this noodle stir fry recipe.
- This noodle recipe is great for planning ahead because it keeps remarkably well and is a lighter option for lunch that will still fill you up.
If you are short on time, use a premade sauce such as teriyaki, szechuan, or a general stir fry sauce.
Bring on the color in this healthy vegan stir fry recipe. But don’t worry, this one will still fill you up! Nosh away! 🍜
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
A healthy vegan and gluten-free stir fry featuring red napa cabbage, tempeh, and lots of colorful veggies. This Tempeh & Cabbage Glass Noodle Stir Fry delivers incredible flavor and a rainbow in your bowl!
- Glass Noodles (Soaked)
- 15 oz. Tempeh (Crumbled into bite sized pieces)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Fine Chopped)
- 6 oz. Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Large Carrot (Julienned)
- 4 oz. Snow Peas (Trimmed)
- 1 Medium Red Napa Cabbage (Large Diced)
- 5 Green Onions (Green part cut into 2 inch pieces. White part sliced thin?
- Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Prepare the ingredients as described above. Cook or soak the noodles as directed on the package. In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a large frying pan or wok, brown the crumbled tempeh over high heat stirring frequently. Approx. 3 minutes. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add a 1 tsp of oil to the wok and add the sliced mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender and the garlic is fragrant. Approx 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Next add 1 tsp of oil to the wok and add the peas and carrots. Cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook until wilted. Approx 2 minutes.
- Now add the noodles, cooked tempeh and cooked vegetables to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Add the green part of the green onion as well as the sauce and toss.
- Serve and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Tempeh & Cabbage Glass Noodle Stir Fry, Vegan Glass Noodle Stir Fry Recipe, Red Napa Cabbage Recipe