A cozy pantry purge meal that’s easy and oh-so-satisfying. This Vegan Antipasto Polenta Bake can be made with what you have available yet it still delivers BIG Italian flavor. Get ready for cozy comfort food when we all need it most.
It’s Time to Raid the Cupboards!
Our favorite thing about this Polenta Bake is that it can go in the direction of your choosing. For us, we had jars of olives, pepperoncini, artichoke, and roasted red peppers in the cupboard- an antipasto Italian Feast!
Here is precisely what you will need to make this Antipasto version:
- Polenta (cornmeal)
- Vegan Mozzarella
- Vegan Butter
- Pitted Olives (We used Kalamata and Spanish, but any will work)
- Artichoke Hearts
- Roasted Red Pepper
When you put all of these Italian delicacies together with the creamy polenta casserole, you get one cozy meal that is sure to delight!
Easy and Adjustable
Don’t worry if you don’t have pepperoncini on hand! Steve happens to love them, even on peanut butter toast (which is a little weird even for me…), so we typically have some in the refrigerator. But this Polenta Bake is easily customizable for your cupboards and taste preferences.
Here are some ideas if you don’t have the necessary ingredients for the Antipasto version:
- Any variety will work and they will pair marvelously with the buttery polenta.
- Spinach or other greens
- If you use greens, we would suggest mixing them with the polenta so they are incorporated into the bake. Just stir them in when you add the cheese. Yum, yum, yum!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can the additions be mixed into the bake?
- Absolutely. We opted to place our antipasto ingredients on top because of their preparation as condiments. However, if you are using spinach, mushrooms, or other veggies, they can definitely be mixed within the polenta before baking just like the cheese.
What if you don’t have store-bought cheese on-hand?
- Make your own! We used mozzarella but other varieties will also work including homemade. Here is a yummy pepita parmesanthat can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes or a plain cashew cheese will also taste great.
Can it be reheated?
Cozy Comfort Food at Its Finest
This satisfying plant-based meal is sure to comfort. It’s easy, filling, and ready to work with what you have. Try this homemade vegan Antipasto Polenta Bake today. All you need to do is dig a little in your cupboards. Happy scrounging.
A comforting meal that can be made with what you already have in your cupboards. This vegan polenta bake is rich, buttery, and topped with tangy antipasto board ingredients. Absolutely delicious!
6 Cups Water
2 Cups Dry Polenta
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
1 tsp Black Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
7 oz. Vegan Mozzarella
¼ Cup Pepperoncini
¼ Cup Spanish Olives
¼ Cup Kalamata Olives
½ Cup Artichokes
½ Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease an 8×8 or small baking dish.
- Add dry polenta and stir continuously until thick. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Add butter and the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Next add the vegan mozzarella and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the prepared polenta into the greased baking dish.
- Top polenta with olives, peppers, artichokes, and pepperoncini
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or when the top is beginning to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Antipasto Polenta Bake
Check out some of our other favorite polenta and cornmeal recipes.
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!