This October has set the record for being the hottest October in documented history. No Joke. That being said it has been hard to get excited for warm cocktails when it is still pretty warm outside. Therefore, we thought it was time for a new twist on a traditional Gin and Tonic- an Apple Cider Gin and Tonic!
So, while we wait to make our mulled wine and warm rum apple ciders when the cool weather arrives. Instead, we will have this amazing drink that’s refreshing but also eases one into the wonderful flavors of late October. Give this Apple Cider Gin and Tonic a try. Happy Autumn!
- 4 Cups Apple Cider
- 1 Orange (Zest Removed in big stipes)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2oz Gin
- 1 Apple (Garnish)
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary (Garnish)
- Make the apple cider syrup. Place 4 cups of apple cider into a pan over high heat. Add two large pieces of orange zest and two cinnamon sticks. Allow to boil until it has reduced to 1 cup of liquid. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a high ball glass filled with ice, pour 1oz of the apple cider syrup. 1oz gin and juice of half of the lemon.
- Fill the rest of the way with tonic water.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, fresh apple slices and rosemary.