This festive Fall cocktail is mildly sweet and so easy to make. Whip up this Apple Cider Gin Rickey for the adults at your next bonfire or Halloween party.
A Fabulous Fall Cocktail
If you are looking for the quintessential ingredient for October it’s got to be pumpkin. No- the other one! 😂 APPLES!
This simple adult drink features apple cider for a sweet cinnamony flavor. It mixes so well with the dry gin for a cocktail that isn’t too sugary. Yay Fall!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Apple Cider – Tart with deep apple flavor, cider is the perfect flavor for fall.
- Gin – The herbal notes in gin lend themselves to the sweetness of the cider, making you keep on sippin.
- Club Soda– What’s better than a fizzy drink?!
- Lime – The citrus of lime juice brightens up the flavors and awakens your senses.
- Apple – Garnishing with a slice of apple, dresses this drink up and also gives you a little crunchy snack for after!
FAQ & Apple Cider Gin Rickey Tips:
Is there a substitute for club soda?
- Yes. Alternatively you can use seltzer water, mineral water, or even possibly flavored water instead. But we would recommend if there is a flavor, stick to lemon or lime.
Can you use apple juice instead of apple cider?
- Yup. Apple Cider is prepared by mashing apples similar to apple sauce but apple juice is filtered to remove pulp and sediment and then it is pasteurized to extend its shelf-life. Additionally, because apple cider is often unpasteurized, the naturally occurring yeast can cause fermentation which can make the cider slightly fizzy. Either will work!
- Due to the fact that apple cider is heavier than gin, this drink will begin to separate. Although it looks awesome when layered, we recommend always giving it a quick stir or shake before enjoying so the flavors all meld together.
Make it fancy!
- To give your drink a little pizzazz, we suggest adding a fun garnish. A slice of apple, a sprig of fresh thyme, or a cinnamon stick gives a festive twist or you can add a lime wedge like a traditional gin rickey cocktail.
With Fall festivities arriving, make them all the more enjoyable with this easy seasonal cocktail. Cheers! 🥃
Finally, if you have made this gin rickey recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A seasonal drink with a unique flavor combination. This Apple Cider Gin Rickey is mildly sweet and a fun alternative to a classic G & T!
- 4 oz. Apple Cider
- 1 Lime (Halved, Juice)
- 4 oz. Gin
- 4 oz. Club Soda
- 1 Apple (Sliced, Optional Garnish)
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (Optional Garnish)
- Add ice to two highball glasses.
- Pour 2 oz. of cider into each glass. Then, squeeze the juice of half a lime into each glass.
- Next, pour 2 oz. of gin into each glass.Then, slowly pour 2 oz. of club soda into each glass.
- Finally garnish with sliced apple, fresh thyme and cinnamon sticks if desired. Enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Apple Cider Cocktail, Apple Cider Gin Rickey, Fall Cocktail
If you are looking for other tasty Fall cocktails, check out these recipes! 🍂
- Apple Cider Gin & Tonic – A similar cocktail with tonic instead of mineral water. In other words a classic G&T with apple!
- Maple Bourbon Manhattan Cocktail – A classic drink with a sweet finish.
- Vegan Hazelnut Spiked Latte – This caffeinated beverage is nutty, creamy, and boozy!
- Apple Pie Fizz – This sweet connection tastes just like Grandma’s amazing dessert but with a kick and some bubbles.