A new twist on a classic drink that only requires a few ingredients. This Maple Bourbon Manhattan Cocktail is one essential cocktail that everyone needs to know!
A Classic Cocktail
There are certain cocktails that have garnered the term “classic.” A Manhattan is definitely one of those drinks. In fact, there is nothing better than ordering a Manhattan in, you guessed it, Manhattan.
However, to be honest, we have never been the biggest fans of rye whiskey. But bourbon?…yes, please! In fact, we frequently enjoy a Maple Ginger Hot Toddy when we start to feel under the weather or sip on a Rosemary Maple John Collins if we need a cool drink instead.
But then we stumbled upon this classy fine cocktail! We substituted our favorite bourbon and added a splash of maple syrup for a sweet addition to this dry and earthy adult drink.
The result? One fantastic cocktail that is perfect for sipping with friends on a cool Fall night or for serving at your next occasion. No matter where you are, this drink is sure to be enjoyed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bourbon – This earthy distilled whiskey is the staple of the drink. It brings a woodiness and natural sweetness that offsets the dry vermouth and aromatic bitters splendidly.
- Maple Syrup – This natural sweetener adds a smoothness and a rich caramel flavor.
- Dry Vermouth – Although traditional Manhattan drinks use sweet vermouth, we prefer dry in this drink due to the added sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Aromatic Bitters – The bitters will provide tartness and robust flavor.
- Maraschino Cherry – An optional garnish that is sure to add a touch of sophistication.
FAQ & Maple Bourbon Manhattan Tips:
What is the difference between an Old Fashioned and a Manhattan?
- An old fashioned includes whiskey (either rye or bourbon), bitters, and sugar. Alternatively, a Manhattan traditionally replaces the sugar with sweet vermouth. However, for this drink we opted for dry vermouth and maple syrup as the sweetener.
Is a Manhattan a strong drink?
- Simply put, yes. If you typically drink beer or wine, this drink will taste much stronger. However, you can always add ice to dilute the bourbon or simply use half the amount.
Shake, don’t Stir.
- Shaking this drink in a cocktail shaker will aerate and chill the drink in just 20 to 30 seconds. You just can produce the same results by stirring. Our advice, invest in a shaker- it’s worth it!
Use real maple syrup.
- Nothing beats the real deal. Whether you are enjoying it on pancakes or as a sweetener in a drink, 100% real maple syrup always delivers the best flavor.
Check the labels, if needed.
- Dry vermouth is typically not vegan. However, one brand that we have found that is, is VYA. But when in doubt, a simple internet search will usually provide this information.
Get Ready for Sipping!
If you are in need of a strong drink to sip, look no further than this maple bourbon cocktail. It goes down smooth and easy and it will definitely warm you up on a cool night. Cheers!
Finally, if you have made this Manhattan cocktail, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback. Happy sipping! 🥃
Maple Bourbon Manhattan Cocktail
- Prep Time: 2 min.
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 2 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A twist on a classsic cocktail that goes down nice and easy. This maple bourbon Manhattan cocktail is perfect for sipping on cool nights!
- 4 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Dry Vermouth
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Maraschino Cherries (Optional Garnish)
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Place the glassware in the freezer, if desired.
Add all of the ingredients except the cherries into the cocktail shaker.
Cover the cocktail shaker and shake until very cold. Approx. 20 seconds.
Strain into the glasses and drop one cherry into the bottom of each glass.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Maple Bourbon Manhattan Cocktail, Classic Bourbon Cocktail Recipe