A quick and easy dairy-free mashed cauliflower recipe with a spicy kick. Trust us, you need this 5-ingredient Vegan Wasabi Whipped Cauliflower in your life.
A Healthy Alternative to Mashed Potatoes
If you haven’t tried mashing or whipping cauliflower, now is the time. This low carb take on traditional mashed potatoes is creamy, healthy, and just plain good.
Above all, cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables out there. It can be pureed into a creamy pasta sauce for a Vegan Poblano & Corn Baked Ziti or use it as a healthy substitute for wings like in this recipe for Air Fryer Coconut Curry Cauliflower.
However, probably one of the easiest and tastiest ways to enjoy this veggie is to treat it like a potato and whip it. In fact, whip it good. 😂 Sorry, just couldn’t resist that one!
But this recipe doesn’t stop there. Although plain whipped cauliflower is scrumptious in its own right, there is just something incredible about adding spicy wasabi to the mild cauliflower. The two flavors perfectly contrast to take this simple vegan side to a whole other level.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Cauliflower – Any cauliflower variety will work for this recipe but we love the light green color that appears when you use the traditional white.
- Sesame Seeds – Crunchy toasted sesame seeds provide depth along with a nice crunch to offset the creaminess of the cauliflower.
- Non-Dairy Milk – We recommend using a mild non-dairy milk without added sugar. Almond milk and soy milk are good options.
- Wasabi Paste – Although wasabi powder will also work, we suggest using a paste because it tends to be more robust.
- Salt – A little touch of salt brings out the flavors in this easy side dish.
FAQ & Wasabi Whipped Cauliflower Tips:
What are the benefits of eating cauliflower?
- This vegetable is popular for good reason. Cauliflower is nutrient dense, high in fiber, is a good source of antioxidants and it is a terrific low-carb alternative to grains and legumes. All-in-all, this is one healthy veggie.
Which cauliflower is healthiest?
- Above all, every cauliflower variety is naturally low in calories and high in fiber. However, orange cauliflower includes carotenes and purple has anthocyanins, which have been shown to help prevent cancer. But truly you can’t go wrong by including any type of cauliflower in your diet.
Mix It Up!
- Not the biggest fan of wasabi? Instead replace the spicy paste in this recipe with an Italian herb mix for a mild and savory option or add a tablespoon of Mexican spice mix for a tasty alternative.
Make It Easier.
- Although mashing the cauliflower works, we highly recommend using either a high-powered blender or a hand mixer for this recipe. It will ensure that your cauliflower is deliciously smooth and creamy.
A Spicy Side Dish
We cannot lie, this is a nutritious vegan side that everyone needs to try. It only requires 5 ingredients and it is bound to have you licking your lips. Serve it alongside any Asian influenced entree for one amazing plant-based addition that will most likely become the star of the plate.
Last but not least, if you have made this whipped cauliflower, we would love to hear what you think. Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback. Happy whipping! 😄
A 5-ingredient vegan recipe that is creamy, healthy, and has a kick. This low-carb wasabi whipped cauliflower will be the star of any plate.
- 2 medium or 1 Large Cauliflower (Cut into Florets)
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
- 1/2 Cup Non Dairy Milk
- 1 Tbsp Wasabi Paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Cut the cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown.
- Once the water is boiling, boil the cauliflower florets until they are tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Drain the florets and add them to a high speed blender along with the non-dairy milk and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix the wasabi paste with 2 Tbsp of non-dairy milk.
- Spoon the blended cauliflower into a serving bowl and swirl the wasabi mixture throughout. Top with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Whipped Cauliflower Recipe, Wasabi Cauliflower, Spicy Vegan Side Dish