This fabulous and refreshing cocktail or mocktail is a breeze to make and a pleasure to sip. Made with Ginger kombucha for your gut health, this Blueberry Kombucha Cocktail or Mocktail also includes fresh blueberries, lemon, and ginger. Great alone or with a splash of gin for an adult twist!
The Benefits of Kombucha
Do you love kombucha? We sure do in this house! Not only is this sweet fizzy drink tasty but it is also beneficial to your health.
Kombucha is made with yeast, sugar, and fermented tea. The tea is fermented with a symbiotic colony of yeast and bacteria known as SCOBY. The yeast in the SCOBY breaks down the sugar and releases probiotic bacteria, which is good for your gut health.
Additional research also makes claims to countless other benefits including weight loss, liver health, reducing infection risk, promoting positive mental health and more. Studies are being conducted all the time to verify the positive effects of drinking kombucha but personally we just know we love the taste and how we feel after drinking it.
You can always make your own like my brother. His homemade kombucha is always amazing and this handy Kombucha Starter Kit will get you started on your way! Just be ready for some crazy looking SCOBY! The other option is to take the easy way out and buy it. We love to stock up when there is a sale.
What You Will Need
In order to make this effervescent Blueberry Kombucha Cocktail or Mocktail you will only need 5 or 6 ingredients and 5 minutes or less for mixing.
Here is what you need for the MOCKTAIL:
- Ginger Kombucha (It can also be Lemon-Ginger flavored)
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Ginger
- Agave Nectar (Optional)
This is what you will need to make that mocktail into a COCKTAIL:
- Extra Dry Gin
Yep, that’s it. But not matter if you make yours with or without the gin, you will have one flavorful drink to sip!
No need for fancy Muddler!
- This drink does require some muddling. You can use a cocktail muddler if you have one or simply make do with an everyday kitchen tool. The back of a wooden utensil or a large spoon will also break up the fruit nicely.
Use a Fine-Mesh Strainer.
- Due to the blueberries, ginger, and lemon pulp, you will want to strain this drink well so you aren’t left with a glass full of muddled fruit. We like to use a small cocktail mini strainer. However, if a little bit of pulp ends up in the drink, it won’t be the end of the world because smashed blueberries are still delicious.
Add a twist of lemon for a fancy garnish
- A drink garnish somehow always makes a cocktail better. By simply adding a little twist of lemon peel or a few blueberries, your drink goes from ordinary to extraordinary.
Do You Want a Blueberry Kombucha Cocktail or Mocktail?!
If you enjoy drinking kombucha, don’t wait any longer! By adding some fresh fruit and maybe a splash of gin, you can turn an enjoyable daily drink into a fun drink Friday. Now there really is only one question… do you want a Blueberry Kombucha Cocktail or a Mocktail? Happy sipping!
A refreshing fruity and fizzy drink made with healthy kombucha. Made with fresh blueberries, lemon, ginger, and possibly a splash of gin- this drink brings big flavor with a little pizazz!
1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
Fresh Ginger (peeled, chopped)
1 Lemon (juiced)
1 Tbsp agave nectar (or 2 Tbsp for a sweeter drink)
2 oz Extra Dry Gin (optional)
6 oz. Ginger Kombucha (or Ginger-Lemon)
- Place blueberries, ginger, lemon juice, and agave into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the ingredients until the blueberries and ginger are broken down.
- Strain the liquid using a fine-mesh strainer into a glass and rinse out the cocktail shaker.
- Pour the strained muddled liquid back into the cocktail shaker and fill with ice until 3/4 full.
- If using gin add it to the cocktail shaker at this time.
- Shake the drink until chilled and mixed well. The shaker should become frosty on the outside.
- Pour evenly into two 8oz. glasses and top with the kombucha. Enjoy!
Keywords: Blueberry Kombucha Cocktail
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!