Have you ever looked at a meal you threw together and said, “Wow! That’s gorgeous!” And then, you take a bite and think, but this was SO EASY! That’s exactly what happened when we discovered this Celery Root & Brussel Sprout Hash.
In the fall, we love getting vegetables and fruit from a farm share. It’s just so exciting to open the box and have no idea what wonderful things will be inside. Almost like those grab bags I loved getting from my grandpa’s pharmacy when I was young. Awww- the thrill of the unknown!
Anyways, that’s exactly how this Celery Root & Brussel Sprout Hash recipe came together. We had the key ingredients for a great roasted vegetable hash-
- Celery Root
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussel Sprouts
And then, we also had Tuscan kale from the box. So, we added that at the last minute for a little fresh green and we were very glad that we did.
Hash recipes typically include seasoned meat but you definitely don’t miss it in this filling root vegetable edition. Therefore, it can be a spectacular side or add a little more to your plate and make it the main event!
This Celery Root & Brussel Sprout Hash simply requires a little chopping and roasting and then you have yourself an easy yet spectacularly eye-catching meal. If you want a really colorful entree use purple sweet potatoes like we did. But of course, you can also simply use orange and it will still be stunning.
Either way, enjoy this amazing hash. It will certainly warm the house and your insides on a cold day.
- 1 Medium Celery Root (Peeled and Cubed)
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (Cubed)
- 16oz. Brussels Sprouts (About 20 Sprouts) (Halved)
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced into Wedges)
- 1 Bunch Tuscan Kale (Chopped)
- ½ tsp Dried Tarragon
- ½ tsp Dried Sage
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried Thyme
- ½ tsp Dried Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and prepare all fresh vegetables.
- Prepare two baking sheets with a thin layer of oil. On one baking sheet place the onion and the Brussels sprouts. On the other place the celery root and sweet potato.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Allow both pans to cool slightly. Chop the roasted onion and roasted Brussels sprouts into thin pieces.
- Over medium/high heat, place a large skillet prepared with a thin layer of oil. Fill with all the roasted vegetables as well as the dried herbs and kale.
- Cook stirring frequently until kale has wilted and herbs are well incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!