This unique and healthy recipe allows one to enjoy all of the delicious flavors of falafel in an easy to make loaf. Once you try this Falafel Loaf with Sriracha-Tahini Sauce, it is bound to be a new favorite!
Simple and Guilt-Free Falafel
If you are ever in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn you simply must go to Bedouin Tent. It has amazing falafel sandwiches in fresh made pita bread that will blow your mind. However, if you can’t visit NYC or need a healthier alternative, this falafel loaf is the next best thing.
In the past we have made a recipe for Healthy Baked Falafel and even a Grilled Falafel Pizza, which are both absolutely scrumptious. But sometimes one just wants a straightforward meal that can be made in one pan… enter this falafel loaf!
After baking, the loaf is drizzled in a spicy sriracha-tahini sauce for a creamy and satisfying addition. Then, it can be served alongside a fresh green, hummus, pita, and olives for a rich and filling yet nutritious plant-based meal. It’s so much better for you than deep fried falafels but just as tasty.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chickpeas – Dried chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are soaked overnight and then pulsed with fresh parsley and spices for a protein rich loaf.
- Fresh Parsley – This fresh herb brings brightness to the dense chickpea packed falafel.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves add a pungent taste that leaves your lips tingling.
- Baking Powder – Falafels are naturally dense and the baking powder helps the loaf to aerate.
- Chickpea Flour – A small amount of chickpea flour (also called Garbanzo flour) will help keep the loaf together and reduce crumbling.
- Spices – With a combination of cumin, coriander, black pepper, and chili powder, the falafel loaf is earthy, bright, with a little bit of heat.
- Sriracha Hot Sauce – The savory loaf tastes amazing with a spicy sauce. The addition of hot sauce provides zip to this meal.
- Tahini – Rich sesame tahini add necessary creaminess to offset the dry loaf.
- Lemon – A squeeze lemon juice in the sauce adds brightness.
FAQ & Falafel Loaf with Sriracha-Tahini Sauce Tips:
Is this loaf gluten-free?
- Yes. Falafel is made with chickpeas, parsley, and lots of spices. No gluten necessary. However, pita bread does contain gluten so you will want to serve it with something else.
What should I serve alongside the falafel loaf?
- Anything you would normally serve in a falafel wrap or platter. It’s great with fresh green, roasted beets (we love it with this recipe for Roasted Badger Flame Beet Salad!), hummus or baba ganoush, olives, chopped cucumber or tomato, and/or pita bread. Yum!
Why is falafel so dry?
- Falafel is made from soaked dry chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) which gives it a dry texture but is great for a meatless meal because it is packed with protein. Additionally, one way to combat the dryness is to serve it with lots of sriracha-tahini sauce, chopped fresh veggies, and creamy hummus. Consequently, with these additions we guarantee it won’t taste dry!
Mix it Up.
- If you have leftover loaf, it can easily be added to a wrap or sandwich for a new twist or try crumbling it over a salad for protein and flavor. Also, don’t be afraid to freeze it if necessary for future use because it keeps remarkably well for up to 3 months.
A Satisfying Meat(less) Loaf!
If you are looking for a beautiful plant-based main course, this falafel loaf will deliver. This filling meal explodes with flavor and can easily be customized with a smorgasbord of sides. Easy and healthy in one-pan? Yup! Enjoy!
Finally, if you have made this falafel loaf recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy cooking! 😋
A healthy baked falafel loaf covered in a spicy sriracha-tahini sauce. This vegan and gluten-free entree is protein rich and easy to make!
- 1 Lb Dried Chickpeas (Soaked Overnight, Do Not Use Canned)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Peeled and Quartered)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Packed Fresh Parsley (Leaves)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Chickpea Flour (Also called Garbanzo Bean Flour)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
Sriracha Tahini Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha
- 1 Lemon (Juice)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- The night before, add the dried chickpeas to a large bowl and cover with water. Make sure there is at least 3 inches of water above the chickpeas. Allow the chickpeas to soak overnight.
- The day of, prepare the rest of the falafel ingredients. Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas. Add all of the falafel ingredients to a food processor and turn on high until mixture is well combined but a coarse consistency (See pictures).
- Allow mixture to sit for at least 1 hour before continuing. This allows the flavors to meld.
- Make the sriracha tahini sauce. Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl and stir to combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and fill with the falafel mixture. Press lightly to form the loaf.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the loaf is nicely browned on top.
- Allow the loaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with plenty of sauce and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Falafel Loaf, Healthy Baked Falafel Recipe, Sriracha-Tahini Sauce