An extra spicy homemade seasoning that is enhanced by toasting all of the spices for an incredible mix that is ready when you need it. No need to purchase a premade sauce or spice blend when you can make your own Fiery Tikka Masala Seasoning in a snap!
Extra Spicy Indian Flavor
There is just something about a spicy Indian that knocks your socks off yet you keep going for another bite. Well, trust us, this is one of the best tikka masala spice mixes and you can easily make it in your own kitchen.
This fiery seasoning is loaded with cumin, coriander, chile peppers, turmeric, and smoked paprika for a round and robust flavor that highlights the earthiness of traditional Indian meals.
This homemade seasoning can be quickly mixed with a dairy-free yogurt for a wonderful marinade perfect for coating tofu, tempeh, or seitan. Alternatively, you can use it for seasoning a vegetable stir fry or add coconut milk for a weeknight curry.
But the best part? You can whip up this seasoning in advance and always have it within arm’s reach when you start craving a meal with spicy Indian flavor. 🌶
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Whole Spices – Toasting cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dried chili peppers, cardamom pods, cloves, black peppercorns and a cinnamon stick prior to grinding into a powder amplifies the flavor and gives your home an amazing aroma.
- Ground Spices – Stirring in ground paprika, turmeric, onion powder and garlic powder to your freshly ground spices gives the final mix beautiful color and deepens the flavor profile.
FAQ & Homemade Fiery Tikka Masala Seasoning Tips:
Can I use powders rather than grinding whole spices?
- Yes, absolutely. However, be aware that the flavor may be muted due to the lack of toasting. This step truly adds depth and complexity to this seasoning.
Can this seasoning be made with less heat?
- Yep. For a less spicy version, reduce the amount of dried chiles or leave them out entirely for a non-spicy seasoning.
Store in an airtight container for ultimate freshness
- To keep this seasoning potent, we recommend storing it in an airtight container in your cupboard or pantry. It will keep for at least 2-3 months if it is stored this way.
Make it Your Own
- The best thing about making your own spice blends is that you can experiment with the amounts and spices used to create your own perfect seasoning. So feel free to adjust the spices to your own liking.
Incredible Fiery Heat in Every Bite
Get ready for THE BEST fiery tikka masala seasoning and you can make it right in your own kitchen. This versatile mix will bring the heat to your next meal. Enjoy!
We’d Love Your Feedback!
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this seasoning! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Step-by-Step Instructional Photos:
An extra spicy Indian blend perfect for marinating or flavoring a stir fry or curry. This Homemade Fiery Tikka Masala Seasoning brings the heat!
- Place the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, dried chili, cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon stick into a fry frying pan. Over medium low heat, toast the spices until very fragrant. Approx. 7 minutes.
- Allow the spices to cool slightly, then add them to a food processor or blender. Blend until very fine. Approx 3 minutes.
- Once the whole spices have been blended, transfer the powder to a bowl and stir in the smoked paprika, turmeric, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Use immediately for a recipe or store in an air-tight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Homemade Tikka Masala Seasoning, Fiery Tikka Masala Recipe, Fresh Ground Tikka Masala Recipe, Homemade Indian Spice Recipe