A rich and velvety caffeinated martini featuring dairy-free oat milk that’s bound to perk you up. Make this homemade Creamy Vegan Espresso Martini in minutes for the ultimate adult beverage.
Espresso + Vodka = Love
One year for lent we somehow decided that giving up both coffee and alcohol was a good decision. Although we remarkably made it through that season, it was not fun. So this year, we decided to COMBINE THEM! 😄
Espresso martinis are seemingly everywhere these days. In fact, a good friend even called us out because we had inadvertently avoided sipping this cocktail long after it was literally EVERYWHERE in NYC.
Well, although we were late to the party, we are now making up for it and then some and today we have the perfect recipe for making this delightful cocktail at home.
A Creamy Addition to a Trendy Cocktail
Yes, a plain espresso martini is delightful. However, when you add rich and luscious oat milk into the equation you truly have a masterpiece.
The creamy addition of the dairy-free milk offsets the bitterness of the espresso and helps to downplay the sharpness of the vodka. Best yet, the espresso gives you a necessary jolt of energy ensuring that you will be ready for whatever lies ahead.
In other words, think of it this way, how many people prefer the addition of cream or milk in their coffee rather than enjoying it black? Probably most people and chances are, they will also feel the same once they experience a creamy oat milk espresso martini.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Espresso – Robust and bitter, espresso gives this drink an added punch of energy.
- Vodka – A martini isn’t complete without vodka, right?
- Coffee Liqueur – Strong and sweet, coffee liqueur brings necessary sugar to this flavorful cocktail.
- Oat Milk – Creamy oat milk brings this drink together with ease, making each sip smooth and delightful.
FAQ & Creamy Vegan Espresso Martini Tips:
Does this cocktail taste like an adult milkshake?
- Honestly, kinda! This fun cocktail is velvety smooth and will leave you feeling both perky and relaxed at the same time. Yep, there is no better combo than espresso and vodka with a silky oat milk finish.
Can another dairy-free milk be used instead?
- Absolutely. Any milk will work, but we do recommend oat milk (preferably a Barista Blend) for an extra creamy consistency.
What if I don’t have an espresso machine?
- Strong coffee can also replace the shots of espresso in this beverage. For the closest flavor match, try using an espresso blend for your coffee.
Tip: Use a Quality Coffee Liqueur
- We highly recommend using Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur which is made with vodka rather than rum like some other liqueurs. Trust us, you will know the difference when you taste it!
Tip: Add a Few Beans for a Cute Garnish
- We love the look of coffee beans floating on top of the creme for this cocktail. Plus, it ensures that they will float beautifully rather than sink.
An Energetic Boost
If you love to start your day with a little caffeine, why not end your day the same way? There is a reason this drink is popular afterall, and yes, we eventually arrived at the party… Better late than never, right E?! 😉 Cheers!
We’d Love Your Feedback!
We love seeing when you share our recipes! Please tag us on Instagram @meatlessmakeovers so we can see your fabulous creations. You can also find us on Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
We’d love to know what you thought of this espresso martini recipe! Don’t forget to leave a comment and star rating ⭐️ below! Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Step-by-Step Instructional Photos
A velvety dairy-free espresso martini featuring oat milk. This extra creamy cocktail will perk you up and leave you feeling fabulous!
- Ice (Approximately 6-7 cubes)
- 3 oz. Vodka
- 3 oz. Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- 1.5 oz. Oat Milk Batista Blend
- 2 oz. Espresso
- 1/4 tsp Whole Coffee Beans (Garnish)
- Make two shots of espresso in a mug, then fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur, oat milk and espresso into the cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake vigorously for approximately 30 seconds or until a light frost forms on the outside of the cocktail shaker.
- Strain the mixture evenly between two large martini glasses.
- Drop a few coffee beans on top for garnish, if desired. Serve and enjoy immediately. Cheers!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Creamy Vegan Espresso Martini, Espresso Martini with Oat Milk, Homemade Creamy Espresso Martini