The holiday season is officially upon us. This is the time of year for friends and family to gather and connect. To help with all of these get togethers I present you with this amazing mulled wine recipe. The use of the whole spices really deepens the flavor of any wine that you use. No need for an expensive bottle!
Setting the slow cooker to low and keeping the wine covered will prevent the alcohol from escaping from the wine. However, it will not be as strong as straight from the bottle so you can definitely have more than one glass if you like, making family get celebrations all the more enjoyable.
- 1 Bottle Red Wine (We Recommend Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 3 Cups Apple Juice
- 1 Pomegranate (Seeds removed)
- 3 Tbsp Whole Cloves
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
- 10 Star Anise
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Sliced Fresh Ginger (Peeled)
- 1 Orange Zest
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. Unfortunately, this will just take a minute because there is no quick method. But it’s worth it I promise. Remove the zest from the orange using a vegetable peeler.
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker and set on low for 2-3 hours.
- Ladle to serve as needed.