A sweet yet robust adult drink that is holiday ready! The Pomegranate Manhattan cocktail is as delicious as it is beautiful and it’s perfect for sipping on a cool night.
A Delicious Holiday Cocktail
It’s hard to believe but another month has come and gone. In October we shared a Maple Bourbon Manhattan Cocktail. This classically strong drink is a splendid way to welcome Fall.
However, now the holidays are upon us! Therefore, we decided to switch up this cocktail with a little sweetness and some flare for one incredible seasonal drink. Yup, pomegranate not only adds sweetness but it also gives this drink a beautiful red hue. Consequently, this drink was made for the holiday season!
Sweet and Smooth
Initially, the aroma of the pomegranate liqueur provides sweetness, but then the smooth bourbon lingers on your tongue long after each delightful sip.
Additionally, even people that aren’t the biggest fans of whiskey will surely love this flavorful adult drink. In fact, in our house it’s the perfect compromise of strong and sweet to please both our palates.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Bourbon – The velvety bourbon adds richness to this adult drink.
- Pomegranate Liqueur – This fruity and sweet liqueur offsets the robust bourbon.
- Angostura Aromatic Bitters – The bitters provide complexity and depth.
- Dry Vermouth – This fortified wine is flavored with herbs and spices to add richness.
- Pomegranate Arils & Lime – The optional fruit garnish will provide a beautiful touch and a pop of color.
FAQ & Pomegranate Manhattan Cocktail Tips:
Who invented the Manhattan?
- Popular history suggests that it was first served at the Manhattan Club in New York City by a man named Black. However, drink origins are often difficult to accurately confirm and verify.
Is there a substitute for the pomegranate liqueur?
- If you are unable to find pomegranate liqueur, we suggest another sweet liqueur in its place. Perhaps blackberry, raspberry, or use cherry liqueur for a Brooklyn version.
Adjust the bourbon to taste.
- If you prefer a sweeter drink, use half the amount of bourbon or adjust accordingly.
Add a fun garnish.
- For Christmas, add a rosemary sprig for a festive look or add mint for a bright twist that’s great in the spring months.
It’s Time for a Holiday Treat!
As cold weather approaches, enjoy a rich drink that will warm you from the inside out. This beautiful cocktail will add brightness to your holiday festivities, whatever they might be this year. Best wishes to you and yours.
Additionally, if you have made this Pomegranate Manhattan cocktail, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Finally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Cheers!
A sweet twist on a classic Manhattan cocktail. The pomegranate pairs splendidly with the robust and smooth bourbon for a tasty holiday drink. Cheers!
- 4 oz bourbon
- 3 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 oz Dry Vermouth
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Pomegranate Arils (Optional Garnish)
- Lime Peel (Optional Garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all of the ingredients, excluding the garnish.
- Cover and shake until very cold and well combined.
- Strain into glasses and garnish with pomegranate arils and lime peel, if using, and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Manhattan Cocktail Recipe, Pomegranate Manhattan