This easy 2-Minute Vegan Creamy Sriracha Sauce is perfect for dipping vegetables, drizzling on tofu, or even for a zesty salad dressing. This is one spicy condiment that’s worth repeating!
For us, spice is always nice. But what’s even better is the ability to make a quick and fuss free spicy sauce in just a couple of minutes! This creamy Sriracha sauce is just that, super easy and perfectly dippable.
The key to this creamy sauce is the dairy free yogurt. It adds tanginess and it also mellows out the heat from the hot sauce. Just be sure to use plain unsweetened yogurt. We typically use Kite Hill’s almond yogurt which works great.
This straightforward sauce is terrific for drizzling over steamed vegetables or poured over tofu or another plant-based protein. Additionally, it keeps well in the refrigerator and can be made ahead of time if needed. All-in-all, this is one tasty sauce that will leave you licking your lips!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Dairy Free Plain Yogurt – The perfect tart base for this sauce. Just ready to be spiced up!
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – Spicy and sweet. This balanced hot chili sauce blends great with the tart yogurt.
- Lime – The bright citrus flavor of lime zest and juice, liven up your senses with every bite.
- Dried Spices – Garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper help add deeper flavor to this zesty sauce.
FAQ & Creamy Sriracha Sauce Tips:
Can you substitute the Sriracha Chili Hot Sauce for another hot sauce?
- Yes. You can use another hot sauce but we would recommend one that is about the same consistency as Sriracha. If you use a hot sauce that is too runny, it won’t be as versatile especially for dipping.
Is this sauce really spicy?
- No, the plant-based yogurt does reduce the spiciness of the Sriracha but if you prefer a milder heat level, we recommend starting with 1 Tbsp of the Sriracha first and then add more if desired.
Make It Early.
- If time allows, we recommend mixing the sauce and allowing it to sit for a little bit in the refrigerator before enjoying. This allows the flavors to come together and even become more pronounced.
- If you don’t have dairy free yogurt on hand, it can be replaced with sour cream. Try this homemade recipe for Classic Tofu Sour Cream. Additionally, you can also experiment with other dry spices.
Quick & Easy
It doesn’t get any easier than this plant-based dip. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do and happy dipping!
Finally, if you have made this 2-Minute Vegan Creamy Sriracha Sauce, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
A quick and easy sauce, made with just a handful of ingredients. This 2-Minute Vegan Creamy Sriracha Sauce will leave you smacking your lips!
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt
- 2 Tsps Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime juice
- Zest of lime
- Zest the lime. Using a zester or small grater, remove the green layer from the outside of the lime.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Allow to chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Leftover sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Creamy Sriracha Sauce, Easy Plant-based Sauce Recipe, 2-Minute Vegan Recipe