Tangy sour cream, perfect for topping on your favorite Mexican meal or dolloping on a cozy baked potato. This Classic Tofu Sour Cream is plant-based and can be made at home in under 5 minutes. YESSSS!!!
Made with Healthy REAL Ingredients
Are you ready for the most exciting part? This vegan sour cream requires JUST 4 INGREDIENTS- 4 whole food plant-based ingredients at that! Here is precisely what you will need:
- Silken Tofu
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
When combined, it tastes remarkably JUST LIKE traditional sour cream! So much healthier and more economical as well. It’s a win-win.
Quick and Easy
After you have the necessary ingredients, this dairy-free “sour cream” comes together in under 5 minutes.
The best method for this smooth and velvety condiment is to use a high-powered blender or a food processor. Merely throw everything in, and BLEND! Once the ingredients are combined, your Classic Tofu Sour Cream is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does this actually taste like sour cream or just tofu?
- The beauty of tofu is that it really doesn’t have a flavor. By combining it with the zesty lemon juice and sharp apple cider vinegar it morphs into a tart mixture that will fool even the most adamant sour cream lovers. Shhh… I won’t tell! 😉
- Can I use extra firm tofu instead?
- Firm tofu can replace the silken variety for this sour cream. However, it will change the consistency. Your sour cream will taste just as good but it will be thicker than the traditional. Depending on what recipe you plan to use it for, this may even be preferred.
- How long will any leftovers keep?
- Due to the fact that this homemade version is all natural, it will last approximately one week in the fridge. If it lasts that long!
A Tasty Condiment made at HOME!
If you are a fan of sour cream, your taste buds will be none-the-wiser with this plant-based variation. This Classic Tofu Sour Cream is a great addition to countless recipes and can be made in no time at all.
During these trying times, stress is inevitable. But one reassuring thing is that during difficult times, people are innovative and resourceful. Please stay safe and keep cooking. Making something with your own two hands, can bring a sense of accomplishment and comfort. We hope this homemade recipe saves you a trip to the store. Best wishes.
Additional Plant-based Kitchen Staples to Try:
An easy vegan sour cream made from tofu. It tastes just like the real thing and can be made in under 5 minutes with only 4 ingredients. Never buy store-bought dairy free sour cream again!
- 1 15 oz Package Silken or Soft Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Keywords: Sour cream, Vegan, Tofu