A hot summer day needs creamy coconut lychee-tini poptails! The sweetness of the lychee pairs perfectly with luscious coconut milk. Then, add some vodka and you have one amazing afternoon treat.
Popsicles + Cocktails = POPTAILS!
Homemade popsicles are easier than you might think. They can be made with or without a popsicle mold and they are so much healthier than anything you can buy in the store.
But don’t stop there! When you make your own popsicles, you can also add a smidge of alcohol creating one mouthwatering poptail, aka boozy popsicle.
A Dreamy Combination
These coconut lychee-tini poptails are a combination of sweet lychee martini with vodka and the addition of rich coconut milk. This combo give you one scrumptious afternoon delicacy.
What You Will Need:
This easy homemade poptail recipe requires only 3 ingredients!
- Lychee –This native fruit to China can be purchased canned for an easy and economical alternative. Additionally, by using the lychee syrup it also acts as the sweetener for you popsicles. This small fruit is the perfect balance of sweet and tart which pairs splendidly with creamy coconut.
- Coconut Milk – Here is where you get the creaminess in your popsicle. Choose regular coconut milk or even coconut cream for an extra indulgent treat or you can use reduced fat for a healthier poptail.
- Vodka – Of course it would just be a coconut lychee popsicle without the addition of booze. Vodka is the ideal alcohol for this spiked popsicle because it doesn’t take away from the lychee and coconut flavor and any brand will work.
They will also require a splash of water or you can leave out the vodka and use more water for a non-alcoholic creamy coconut lychee popsicle. Did we say these were simple?!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have to use a popsicle mold?
- No. Another option is to use small paper cups that can be removed when you are ready to enjoy your poptails. You can also use ice cube trays for a smaller popsicle. However, if you are looking to purchase a popsicle mold, we highly recommend this brand that can be purchased online and it comes with everything you will need including wooden sticks and wrappers.
Can these poptails be made without coconut?
- Yes. You can use another plant-based milk if you prefer or leave out the milk all together to make a plain lychee-tini poptail. You will also need to use more water to replace the milk.
How long should you freeze the popsicles for?
- We recommend freezing your poptails for at least 24 hours due to the addition of alcohol. They will freeze because of the low ratio of vodka to the other ingredients but they take a little longer to completely harden.
Blend your lychees well.
- We suggest blending until your lychees are broken into very small pieces. It will be easier to eat your popsicles with smaller fruit chunks.
Add fresh berries for a colorful twist.
- You can add any fresh berry for a fun pop of color and flavor. We like to use a combination of fruit for different events such as red, white, and blue poptails for the 4thof July. Think raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, or even strawberry or another fruit if it is cut into small enough pieces to fit in your mold.
Is It Time for a Coconut Lychee-tini Poptail Yet?!
We all need an adult treat once in a while. Bring back the fun with these grownup popsicles. Happy summer!Print
Coconut Lychee-tini Poptails
- Prep Time: 5 min. (+ Freezing Time)
- Cook Time: 0 min.
- Total Time: 5 min. (+ Freezing Time)
- Yield: 10 Poptails 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cocktail
- Method: Blend, Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A fun twist on a lychee martini requiring only 3 ingredients. These vegan coconut lychee-tini poptails are sweet, creamy, and perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1 19.9 oz can pitted lychee in syrup
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a blender (including the lychee syrup). Run the blender on low to lessen the chance of foam, for approx. 1 minute. Some small pieces of lychee will remain.
- Carefully pour the mixture into clean molds, paper cups, or an ice cube tray and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and insert the pop cycle sticks 3/4 down.
- Place them back into the freezer for approx. 24 hours.
- Carefully remove the pops from the molds and enjoy immediately or freeze for later.
- You may have extra of your poptail mixture depending on the number and size of your mold. If so, pour it into a glass and enjoy a lychee martini while your pops freeze. You deserve it!
Keywords: Popsicle, Cocktail, Poptail, Dessert, Coconut, Lychee, Martini, Summer
If you love these poptails, you may also want to check out these other vegan dessert recipes. 🙂
Dairy Free Ice Cream Cookie Bites
Blackberry Rhubarb Nice Cream
Vegan DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dairy Free Dessert Pizza
Almond Dessert Hummus
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from them, we will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!