A vibrant Pomegranate and Beet Salad with Tahini-Pom Dressing that tastes as good as it looks! Made with baby kale, watercress, red cabbage, carrots, Chioggia beets, and pomegranate arils, this is one tasty AND nutritious salad. It’s easy, colorful, and is sure to brighten any holiday table.
Chioggia beets are red and white striped and when they are eaten raw, they retain their beautiful color and pattern. For this salad, they are sliced paper-thin so they are sure to go down easily. For best results, a mandoline is recommended for thin and even slicing but cutting them with a sharp knife also works.
Pomegranate seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber and they also taste spectacular. For this salad arils are used to compliment the earthy beet within the salad and pomegranate juice is combined with tahini and lemon juice to create a creamy and nutty sweet dressing. You can’t have too much!
This salad can easily be modified for the greens that you have on-hand. Additionally, if you can’t find baby kale, chopped Lacinato kale will also work great. Just be sure to chop it well into extra small pieces. We also love the element of the slightly bitter watercress paired against the sweet pomegranate and beets, but it can also be omitted if desired.
But whatever you do, DON’T skip the pomegranate arils and beets. They taste heavenly in this quick and easy Pomegranate and Beet Salad with Tahini-Pom Dressing. It’s a salad that is sure to impress and delight anyone around your table.
- 1 5 oz. container of Baby Kale
- 1 Bunch Watercress (Approx. 1 cup)
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage (shaved)
- 1 Large Chioggia Beet (sliced thin and quartered)
- 2 Heirloom Carrots (sliced thin)
- ¼ Cup Pomegranate Arils (garnish)
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until smooth
- Prepare all salad ingredients as directed above.
- In a large platter or serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Leave layered or toss.
- Top with pomegranate arils and dressing.
- Plate and enjoy!