As a quick and easy snack or a light appetizer, these Smoky Vegan Cucumber Bites are a winner. Only requiring a few minutes to make and 4 ingredients, this is one healthy recipe that delivers big flavor.
A Healthy Snack Ready in Minutes
A new year is upon us and that means it’s time to reset. Although indulging over the holidays is a necessity in our home, we also like to start off Veganuary with fresh and light recipes to get back on track. These Smoky Vegan Cucumber Bites are both easy and nutritious.
However, not only are these bites quick to make and good for you, they are also scrumptious! They are fresh, tangy, and smoky. In other words, packed with flavor in a tiny little bite.
If you are looking for a reset or you just need a way to use up some vegan cream cheese in your refrigerator, this recipe is for you. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Cucumber – This fresh veggie adds crunch and moisture. We prefer to use either an English or Persian cucumber because they tend to have brighter flavor and a bigger crunch.
- Vegan Cream Cheese – The dairy-free “cheese” provides saltiness and creaminess.
- Smoked Paprika – Here is your smoky flavor with a pop of color as well.
- Sesame Seeds – Toasting the sesame seeds adds a nutty flavor and additional texture.
FAQ & Cucumber Bite Tips:
Are these bites gluten-free?
- Yup. Not only are these dairy-free and vegan, they are also free from gluten.
Is there an alternative to store bought cream cheese?
- Absolutely. A homemade “cheese” also works great for this recipe. We like to use this recipe for a Vegan Jalapeño Cream Cheese for a spicy option or just leave out the jalapeño for a tamer option.
Mix It Up.
- Not a big fan of smoked paprika? Try another spice! We also love these bites when topped with za’atar, everything bagel seasoning, or a dash of cayenne pepper. But another option is also to substitute the cucumber base with raw radish or zucchini. Yay versatility!
Bright and Smoky Flavor
Although this appetizer or snack can be ready in minutes, it’s their flavor that will have you making them on repeat. Snack on!
Finally, if you have made this cucumber recipe, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Additionally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy snacking!
A quick and easy dairy free snack that can be made with 4 ingredients or less. These vegan smoky cucumber bites are flavorful and healthy!
- 2 Tbsp Raw Sesame Seeds
- 1 English Cucumber (Sliced into 1/4 inch Thick Circles)
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Pour the sesame seeds into a dry frying pan. Place over medium high heat and stir continuously until the seeds are golden brown. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl, set aside.
- Arrange the cucumber circles on a platter. Top with a small amount of vegan cream cheese.
- Next sprinkle the smoked paprika and sesame seeds on top of the sliced cucumber.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a short time before serving. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an air tight container for up to a day.
Keywords: Vegan Smoky Cucumber Bites, Dairy Free Snack Recipe