An easy homemade seasoning that is terrific on pizza, pasta, bagels, or added to store bought pasta sauce for an extra flavor kick. This Spicy Homemade Pizza Seasoning comes together in minutes and is always great to have in your cupboard, especially on pizza night.
A Little Sprinkle Adds BIG Flavor
We cannot lie, we consume lots of pizza and we’re guessing we aren’t the only ones! Some of our favorites include Vegan Herbed Ricotta Pizza, Smoky Tahini Jackfruit Pizza, or Vegan Caramelized Onion & Morel Pizza just to name a few.
Although any pizza is delicious in our book, sometimes a pizza pie might need a little something extra, particularly if it is store bought. But if you add just a dash of this homemade seasoning, any pizza is bound to taste gourmet!
The Dry Herbs & Spices Needed:
- Minced Garlic – This brings a pungent and earthy flavor that melds nicely with the herbs.
- Minced Onion – More subtle than the garlic, dried minced onion adds a toasty yet sharp flavor to the mix.
- Crushed Red Pepper – Adds the heat! Red pepper is a highlight in this mix.
- Oregano – This herb adds mild flowery notes that contrast the heat and earthiness of the dominant ingredients.
- Parsley – Citrusy and sweet notes are added with this essential herb.
- Basil – Dried Basil is a must for all Italian dishes. This herb adds a slight minty and sweet pepper flavor.
- Fennel Seeds – These small seeds add a mild licorice flavor and a nice crunch to the spice mix.
FAQ & Pizza Seasoning Tips:
How long will this pizza seasoning last?
- The seasoning will last for 6 months or even up to a year. However, similar to individual dried herbs and spices, it will begin to lose some of its potency the longer it sits on your shelf.
Can it be made without fennel seeds?
- Yes. Although fennel may not be for everyone, they do add complexity to this mix and provide a lingering aftertaste. They are highly recommended but not a deal breaker.
Tip 1: Use fresh herbs and spices.
- Although dried herbs and spices do last for some time, they are best when used within a year or two.
Tip 2: Store in an airtight container.
- In order to preserve freshness, we recommend you store your seasoning mix in an airtight container. Another option is to put it in a glass spice jar so it is easy to shake onto your pizza and more.
Tip 3: This seasoning is not just for pizza.
- Even though pizza is in the name, this spicy mix is incredibly versatile. It can be added to pasta sauce, lasagna, sprinkled on a bagel or sandwich, or even over popcorn. The possibilities are endless!
It May Be Time for a Pizza Night…
Pizza really should be in its own food group. But when you find all of your pizza beginning to taste the same, sprinkle a little of this spicy seasoning on top to add loads of flavor with a fiery punch. Pizza night just got a little more interesting! Enjoy! 🍕
Additionally, if you have made this pizza seasoning, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Finally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Thanks so much and happy mixing!
A quick and easy condiment that adds tons of flavor and a fiery punch. Best yet, this spicy homemade pizza seasoning is incredibly versatile- don’t just stop at pizza!
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
- Use immediately or store in an air tight container for up to a year.
- Sprinkle it on pizza, or so much more!
Keywords: Homemade Pizza Seasoning Recipe, Spicy Pizza Seasoning