These super healthy vegan wraps are an easy hands-off meal that’s fresh, filling, and incredibly easy to make. Whether you enjoy them for lunch, dinner, or even lupper, these Vegan Za’atar Chickpea Wraps will be the best meal you eat all day!
A Magical Little Bean
One of the most versatile ingredients in a plant-based kitchen is a can of chickpeas. Although you can use dried, we often find that canned garbanzo beans are more practical when cooking day to day. In fact, we use them all the time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as evidenced by the recipes below.
Yup, chickpeas are incredibly versatile and now we have another recipe that we plan to make on repeat… Za’atar Chickpea Wraps! These wraps are healthy, satisfying, and easy to make. Therefore, they are truly a kitchen staple for every vegan in our book.
Herbal & Toasty Za’atar
The chickpeas in this recipe are covered in savory za’atar seasoning and then roasted to a crispy perfection. Although they may take a minute to roast, it’s definitely worth it to produce extra crunchy bites for your wrap.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chickpeas – Packed with protein, once baked these powerful beans add a perfect crunch.
- Za‘atar Spice Blend – A flavorful herb blend that is delicious and subtle.
- Olive Oil – The oil helps the za‘atar adhere to the chickpeas and adds necessary fat.
- Tortillas – The perfect vehicle for these yummy roasted chickpeas. Wrap them up and dig in.
- Hummus – With the addition of hummus you add flavor and creaminess to these yummy wraps. Additionally, it also helps to hold the chickpeas in place!
- Cucumber – Fresh cucumber adds a wonderful brightness and of course more crunch!!
- Tomato – There can never be enough fresh tomato. Added moisture and the perfect flavor to blend all of the flavors.
- Avocado – Need we say more?! These wraps long for creamy avocado. Fill it up!
- Lettuce – A great low calorie filler. It’s okay if it overflows.
FAQ & Za’atar Chickpea Wrap Tips:
Can these be made gluten-free?
- Most certainly. Simply swap out a traditional flour tortilla for a gluten-free option such as tortillas made with almond flour or cassava flour. Most grocery stores now carry a gluten-free tortilla option or you can also use lettuce or a collard green leaf in place of the tortilla. Additionally, you might find this recipe for Collard Green Wraps helpful if you go that route.
Where can I find za’atar spice mix?
Za’atar can be found in any Middle Eastern grocery store or check the international section of most supermarkets. However, if you are in a pinch, za’atar can also be purchased online.
The roasted chickpeas are versatile.
- Leftover chickpeas are a great addition to any salad or they also make a great high-protein mid-day snack.
Mix it up!
- If you have extra za’atar spice mix, give this Vegan Za’atar Pita Pizza a try. It’s so easy to make and super tasty!
That’s a Wrap!
These wraps would make an ideal lazy weeknight dinner when you’re craving something satisfying yet nutritious. Not only are they quick and easy but they are packed with protein and fresh veggies. Yum!
Additionally, if you have made these chickpea wraps, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
Finally, you can also take a photo and tag us on instagram. We would love to get your feedback! Happy wrapping! 😄
A savory plant-based wrap that’s easy and nutritious. These Vegan Za’atar Chickpea Wraps are light and fresh yet incredibly satisfying.
- 1 15 oz Can Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Za’atar Spice Blend
- 2 Tortilla Wraps
- 3 Tbsp Hummus
- 1/2 Persian Cucumber (Diced)
- 1 Small Tomato (Sliced)
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
- 1 Cup Lettuce (Spring Mix, Romaine, or Similar)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the drained and rinsed chickpeas on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas and sprinkle with the za’atar spice. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crispy, turn the chickpeas every 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables while the chickpeas cook.
- Once the chickpeas are finished, lay out a tortilla. Start with a layer of hummus to keep the chickpeas in place.
- Next add ¼ cup chickpeas and some of each of the filling ingredients. Be aware that it gets harder to wrap as it becomes more full.
- To wrap, bring the sides into the center while rolling it from front to back.
- Serve with hot sauce or more hummus and enjoy!
- Store leftover roasted chickpeas in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Vegan Za'atar Recipe, Plant-based Wrap, Chickpea Wrap Recipe