Breakfast or Brunch will NEVER be the same! These Vegan Chocolate Chia Banana Pancakes are fluffy, moist, healthy, AND brimming with delicious chocolaty flavor. These are not your regular ol’ pancakes!
Chia seeds are a superb superfood. These tiny seeds pack a punch. Not only are they high in dietary fiber, calcium, protein, magnesium, and iron but they are also a terrific binding agent for these tasty vegan pancakes.
Yep, these pancakes are loaded with nutritious chia seeds and you will hardly even know they are there. Feel free to even sprinkle a few on top for a little something extra. Superfood and super fabulous.
Always Choose Chocolate
Chocolate lovers unite. Sometimes you just need a little chocolaty goodness early in the day. Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast?! Definitely not us!
These Chocolate Chia Banana Pancakes are made with chocolate almond milk. The creamy nutty milk brings the flavor of chocolate with a fraction of the calories and sugar of adding regular chocolate.
Of course, then you don’t have to feel bad sprinkling a few dairy free dark chocolate chips on top. Toasted coconut is also a terrific addition. A little garnish goes a long way so you can enjoy all of the scrumptious flavor of chocolate in the morning or any time of day!
Making Banana Pancakes…
I am singing the Jack Johnson classic in my head right now and I hope you are too! Banana always delivers a sweet touch to pillowy pancakes. Potassium in every delightful bite!
If you want to bring these Vegan Chocolate Chia Banana Pancakes up a notch, add a few grilled banana on top. This easy touch adds elegance and additional sweetness that compliments the silky chocolate.
Get ready to start the day on a high note! These Vegan Chocolate Chia Banana Pancakes are nutritious and absolutely delicious. Don’t wait for a rainy day, pancake day should be EVERYDAY!
Fluffy and indulgent pancakes with a healthy twist. These Vegan Chocolate Chia Banana Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dessert!
- Mash banana and add liquids. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl mix to combine.
- Pour in wet ingredients and whisk to incorporate. Do not over whisk.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup circles onto the griddle.
- Allow to cook until bubbles form on the top side and golden brown on the underside.
- Flip and allow to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Repeat until batter is finished.
- Plate and serve immediately with maple syrup.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated, covered, for up to two days.
- These pancakes are extra indulgent when topped with vegan chocolate chips, chia seeds, banana slices, and toasted coconut if desired.
Keywords: Pancakes, Chocolate, Chia, Banana, Vegan, Breakfast