A refreshing and fruity drink that screams summer. This homemade Watermelon-Rose Cooler cocktail is light, bright, and fun!
Simple Watermelon Juice
With summer quickly coming to an end, we are trying to squeeze in more fresh fruit wherever we can. All natural homemade watermelon juice is simple to make and absolutely refreshing.
All you need is a blender and then wah-la, you have refreshing preservative free juice ready in minutes! Although it’s delicious on its own, it also makes a terrific base for a fruity summer cocktail.
A Subtle Rose Touch
We must give credit, where credit is due. Adding a splash of rose to this watermelon cooler was not our own. My sister, Andrea, came up with the brilliant combo and it’s a real winner!
The flowery rose adds a wonderful essence to this drink. Although it’s subtle, you don’t want to miss the rose flavor in this cooler. Best yet, rose water stores well and you can also use it for these other amazing adult drinks…
Our guess is, you won’t have any trouble using up this versatile ingredient!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Watermelon – This mild juice is the perfect mixer. Naturally sweet with a floral hit to your nose as you sip.
- Rose Water – Only a splash is needed of this amazing elixir. Like a party to your taste buds, rose water makes everything better.
- Vodka – Add as much or as little as you would like but with all of the fun flavors in this drink the booze goes almost undetected.
- Seltzer – Why not make it fizzy?! Seltzer adds to the refreshing qualities of this summery drink.
- Lime – A little lime juice helps to meld the flavors together into perfection.
- Fresh Herb Garnish (Optional) – A bit odd but worth it. We enjoy basil but mint would also be a fun addition. A fresh herb makes this drink hit all of your senses. A must in our book.
FAQ & Watermelon-Rose Cooler Tips:
Is there a substitute for rose water?
- Yes. The closest thing to Rose Water is Rose Extract which can also be used. However, it is much more concentrated so you would probably only need a few drops per drink.
Why does watermelon juice separate?
- The juice will indeed separate if kept in the fridge or your cooler will as well if it sits for a while. This is due to the fact that the juice is all natural and there are no fillers or preservatives added. Simply shake or stir the juice and you are good to go.
Can this drink be made a virgin?
- Absolutely! Just leave out the vodka and you will have one killer mocktail on your hands.
- To cut down on the time to whip up this drink, the watermelon juice can also be blended and strained a day or two before. Just refrigerate it, until ready to use. However, it will separate, so just give it a stir before adding it to your drink.
Make It Fancy!
- If you want to add a sophisticated garnish, you can also top the drink with food grade rose petals or even add a rose petal and sugar rim. Just rub the rim with your lime rind and then dip it in chopped rose petals with some sugar. Alternatively, you can also just add a slice of watermelon, as pictured, which is also scrumptious.
Watermelon Was Made for Sipping!
If you want to enjoy the last hurrah of summer fruit flavors, don’t just eat your watermelon- drink it! Cheers! 🍹
Finally, if you have made this Watermelon-Rose Cooler, we would love to hear what you think! Please comment down below and be sure to rate the recipe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks so much!
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 0 min.
- Total Time: 15 min.
- Yield: 2 Drinks 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Blend, Stir
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A refreshing fruity cocktail with subtle floral notes. Make this watermelon-rose cooler to help cool off on a hot summer day!
- 1 Small Seedless Watermelon (Juiced)
- 3 oz. Vodka
- 1.5 oz. Rose Water
- 1 Lime (Juice)
- Seltzer Water
- Basil (Garnish, Optional)
- Scoop the watermelon pulp into a blender and blend on high until very smooth. Depending on the size of your watermelon you may want to only use half or even a quarter.
- Strain the juice through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a clean container. Juice should be almost clear with just a little pink cloudiness.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour 1.5 oz of vodka in each glass.
- Next pour .75 oz of rose water in each along with the juice of half of a lime.
- Fill half of the rest of each glass with watermelon juice and then top off with seltzer water.
- Garnish with watermelon and basil if desired. Cheers and enjoy!
- The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
Keywords: Watermelon-Rose Cocktail, Watermelon Cooler, Rose Cocktail Recipe