This Glazed Lemon Tofu with Sautéed Kale is bright, crispy, and so tasty! But even better still, it’s incredibly healthy too!
A Love for Lemon
Lemon has to be one of my favorite flavors. It’s zippy and bright and goes great with just about everything. It’s also packed with vitamin C and supports overall good health and this glazed tofu is FULL of scrumptious lemon flavor.
Tofu is additionally great for you but this glazed lemon tofu is so yummy, it makes my mouth just water thinking about it! The trick has to be the crispy pan-fried tofu that is coated in a sweet lemony glaze. Healthy yet decadent!
A Scrumptious Bed of Kale
Of course, because the lemon tofu is so rich and comforting, we had to add vitamin rich kale to bring another level of nutritious goodness to this meal. It comes through! Raw kale tends to be tough to eat but when it is sautéed, it goes down so easily.
If you aren’t the biggest fan of kale, you can also try one of these substitutions:
- Sautéed Spinach
- Quinoa or Rice
- Steamed Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
Any of these replacements will still deliver nutrition and pair perfectly with the crispy lemon tofu!
Ready in 30 Minutes or Less!
It’s hard to believe but the school year will soon be upon us, for some it’s already starting! We are always looking for quick and easy recipes that can be made during the busy weekdays of the back to school season. This Glazed Lemon Tofu with Sautéed Kale is definitely one that fits the bill! It can be ready in 20-25 minutes. Woo-hoo! Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. Brick of Extra Firm Tofu (Pressed and Cubed)
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Stock
- ¼ Cup Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1 Lemon (Zested and Juiced)
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Stock
- Sautéed Kale:
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Bunch Kale (Stems Removed and Chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Basil (Optional)
- Wash and Prepare all fresh produce as per the directions above. Press excess water out of the tofu using a paper towel and cube.
- In a large frying pan coated with oil, brown the tofu over high heat. Stir the tofu frequently until all sides are golden brown. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Add a small amount of oil to the frying pan and sauté the kale and garlic over medium heat. Stir frequently until the kale has wilted. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup vegetable stock and 1 Tbsp of tapioca flour. Whisk to incorporate.
- In the frying pan, add the vegetable stock, agave nectar, liquid aminos and lemon juice. Over medium heat bring the mixture to a simmer, stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest and tapioca mixture. Stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the tofu and stir to combine. Stir constantly until tofu is warm and well coated, about 2-3 minutes.
- Plate the sautéed kale and top with the lemon tofu.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest and chopped basil (If using)
In case, you are looking for easy and healthy weeknight meals too, here are a few of our favorites that can all be made in 30 minutes or less…
- Air Fryer Chili Garlic Tofu
- Jerk Jackfruit Tostadas
- Honeynut Squash Miso Ramen
- Herb Lovers Lentil Salad
- Instant Pot Split Pea BBQ Sandwich