It really doesn’t get any easier than this creamy oil and dairy-free dressing. But it’s not just for salad! This healthy Five-Minute Vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing can be drizzled on tacos, avocado toast, grain bowls, or just about anything! Yum!
A Quick Homemade Dressing
We love salads. But we really love what you drizzle over a salad- the dressing!! However, there is no need to buy expensive vegan salad dressing when you can make your own in minutes.
This easy and delicious condiment requires only basic ingredients and a couple minutes of blending. That’s it!
What You Will Need:
Dairy Free Plain Yogurt– This brings a creamy tanginess to your dressing. We recommend using a plain unsweetened yogurt.
Limes –The lime juice will provide a bright and zesty flavor.
Fresh Cilantro – A fresh herb adds complexity and earthiness to your sauce. It also pairs beautifully with the zingy lime and gives it a lovely green color.
Jalapeño – This optional pepper will bring a little bit of heat to your dressing. We recommend removing the seeds to keep it extra creamy.
Garlic – A couple cloves of garlic will provide a robust aroma and depth of flavor which offsets the brightness of the cilantro and lime.
Apple Cider Vinegar – This provides necessary acidity that compliments any salad green that you pair the dressing with.
Salt & Pepper – The salt enhances flavor and the pepper brings a sharp element of spice. Both can be adjusted as needed.
FAQ & Homemade Vegan Cilantro-Lime Dressing Tips:
Can you use lemons instead of limes?
- Sure. Both lemons and limes will provide the necessary acidity to your creamy yogurt dressing.
Is there an alternative to the dairy-free yogurt?
- Yes. You could also use store bought or homemade vegan sour cream such as this classic tofu sour cream recipe.
Is this dressing healthy?
- Absolutely. Unlike most salad dressings, especially ones you buy in stores, this vegan option is oil free and low in sugar. We suggest using unsweetened dairy free yogurt such as Kite Hill’s Almond Milk Yogurt which has only 1g of sugar per serving.
Don’t blend it too long.
- This dressing looks beautiful when it still has flecks of green from the cilantro. If you blend it too thoroughly, your dressing will still taste delicious but it will be a solid color.
What to serve with this Five-Minute Vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing.
- This quick dressing tastes great on salads, baked potatoes, tacos, or even roasted vegetables. This is one versatile dressing! In fact, it would be spectacular drizzled or scooped on any of these recipes…
Tangy Vegan Salad Dressing in Minutes!
This is one homemade condiment you don’t want to miss. It’s easy, zesty, and full of flavor. We love to keep this healthy Five-Minute Vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing on hand because it tastes great on just about everything. Enjoy!
A creamy oil and dairy-free salad dressing that requires only 7 ingredients. This versatile Five-Minute Vegan Cilantro Lime Dressing is healthy and fresh!
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Plain Unsweetened Yogurt
- 2 Limes (Juice)
- 2 Cups Packed Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño (Optional, Seeds removed)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Peeled)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Prepare all produce as directed above.
- Place all ingredients for dressing into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until dressing is very smooth. Approx. 3 mins. You may have to stop once or twice to scrape down the insides of the blender. This ensures a smoother consistency.
- Transfer to an air tight container and chill until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The equipment listed above contains affiliate links to products that we personally use, love, and recommend!
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
Keywords: Dressing, Vegan, 5-Minutes, Cilantro, Lime, Healthy
If you love this cilantro lime dressing, be sure to check out this recipe for The Best Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing!